Monday, June 18, 2007

Winning hearts and minds.


Or maybe not:

U.S.-led air raid kills seven Afghan children

KABUL (Reuters) - At least seven children were killed in a U.S.-led coalition air strike on a religious school in Afghanistan, the coalition said on Monday, amid rising anger over civilian deaths from foreign military operations.

And don't you remember, once upon a time, when you could point at the George Bush-led Coalition of the Genocidal and say with some confidence, "Um ... we're not with them. Really."

Yeah, those were the good old days, weren't they?

4 comments:

Ti-Guy said...

As Tom Flannigan (ie. Harper's 'brain') would say: "Why should Canadians care?"

mikmik said...

"That attack indicated "the terrorists are certainly willing to go in and take innocent human lives," Snow said."

Oh, so you can relate, is that it, T.S. Idiot(insert snow related pun)?

This guy is working towards some kind of record for tasteless irony.

Anonymous said...

I dunno... I would think Canadians should care in that we're going to drag you down with us. =)

I would also think that Canadians should care from the perspective that your downstairs neighbor is doing some really stupid shit which endangers the whole apartment building.

I didn't support Chimpy before he got his own personal empire, I didn't support him on 9/12/01 and I sure as hell don't support him now. As a consequence I've been called a 'commie' ( which amused me), a traitor , a secular progressive ( because apparently it's bad to think for yourself), and a terrorist lover and worse. Not all Americans are morons. Just the ones that believed their votes meant anything at all.

People are starting to crawl out from under their beds down here. But I wonder what it's going to take precisely to get America to stand up for what's right.

Nonny said...

E in MD: "Not all Americans are morons. Just the ones that believed their votes meant anything at all ... But I wonder what it's going to take precisely to get America to stand up for what's right."

More than your not voting, I would guess -- idiot.