Friday, August 01, 2008

Goodbye, and thanks for all the fish

(Posted by Dr.Dawg): My thanks to CC for offering shelter after I was driven off my site by a rogue spam-seeking Blogger missile. I'm back up, thank goodness, after less than twenty-four hours. Blogger has posted a sort-of apology, too.

Funny how so many of us think these things are all about us. As I note at my place, a large number of people were hit, and a lot of the political ones simply ASSumed that the enemy had done it. CC did the digging, and found that the Blogger-bot was an equal-opportunity assailant. As for my part in the general paranoid blog-rage, my apologies and my promise to do a little more research in the future before ASSuming the worst.

Have a good weekend, everyone.

2 comments:

Miss Cellania said...

That's FOUR places I've checked tonight where there was an announcement about some other blog being booted by Blogger! But what are ya gonna do? I tried getting support from Blogger once, but I gave up after a year. That's why I'm on Squarespace.

Ti-Guy said...

There's still plenty of value in thinking the neocons are behind this. Occam's Razor, if anything.