Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Apparently, Blogging Tories think Muslims should be executed.


No, of course none of them actually wrote that, but let me lead you along the road of irrefutable logic, if I might.

As I read it, quite a few Blogging Tories are howling over, well, this:

Ann Coulter is speaking in Canada this week, and a senior University of Ottawa administrator has warned her to use “restraint, respect and consideration” when speaking at the school.

In an email sent to Ms. Coulter on Friday, a copy of which has been obtained by the National Post, Mr. Houle wrote: “Our domestic laws, both provincial and federal, delineate freedom of expression (or “free speech”) in a manner that is somewhat different than the approach taken in the United States. I therefore encourage you to educate yourself, if need be, as to what is acceptable in Canada and to do so before your planned visit here.”

He continued, “Promoting hatred against any identifiable group would not only be considered inappropriate, but could in fact lead to criminal charges.”

Apparently, quite a number of BTs are just peeing themselves over this disgusting, leftard attempt at censorship. But let's see just how firmly they believe their position, shall we?

Let's say Coulter was backstage, getting ready to go on, and turned to one of the organizers (say, a Blogging Tory) and said, "You know, I'm not sure what I'm allowed to say and what I'm not. Is it OK if I publicly call for all Muslims to be violently executed?"

Pause.

Now, my dear Blogging Tory, if this were being asked of you, you have an awkward decision to make. Because if you caution Coulter against such incendiary statements, you have, in fact, just done exactly that which you are currently howling over. It would be more than slightly hypocritical to mock anyone advising Coulter to remain civil and not incite hatred if you, when asked directly, would give her exactly the same advice.

So here's the question I will publicly challenge any and all Blogging Tories to address: If you were backstage with Coulter before a Canadian speaking engagament, and she turned to you and asked you if it was all right to publicly call for the mass murder of all Muslims during her talk, how would you answer? And let's see how quickly you get dragged down in the morass of your own hypocrisy and logical inconsistency.

Is there a single BTer up to the challenge? I'm guessing not.

1 comment:

Metro said...

The thing I find funniest is that she lodged her complaint with the HRC.

You know, that organization the neocon bat$#17 fringe loves to hate for, you know, supporting Ezra's right to publish, and Mark Steyn's loony screeds, and all that oppressive $#17?

Nice job Annie: Giving the HRC some much-needed street cred with the loony right, I'm sure.

WV, as the FSM is my witness, is "Untersow."
I shall forthwith refer to Frau Coulter as "Die Untersow."