Thursday, June 12, 2008

Do *you* see a pattern here? *I* see a pattern here.


[SUPER DUPER UPPITY DATE BELOW!! HEH.]

Well, isn't this just the most totally unexpected thing you ever saw:

A hard post to write
June 10th, 2008

I need help. For any of you who know me in “meatspace” - real life - you know how hard it is for me to say those words.

I lost my job about two months ago. It was a new job, not the one I had toiled in for the last three years. It looked promising. Instead, I found out that there were no clients, no work, and no money beyond the few months I was employed. When they told me they were letting me go, I remember thinking to myself “How did I let myself get here?" ...

Unfortunately, I am now without means. Totally flat broke. A little advertising here on GOTR, and some temp work, but it’s not paying the bills. Any bills. And the rent is well past due.

You know that I don’t normally ask for money for myself, unless you can benefit from it, i.e. sending me to CPAC or whatever else may be blog related. This isn’t blog-related. This is life or death. I need your help. Most cardboard boxes don’t have highspeed, so if you want to think of it as contributing to the blog, that’s fine. That would sit better with my stiff-necked pride, anyway!

The PayPal button is to your right. And thank you.

Gosh, Wendy, how did it ever come to this? Oh, wait, let me guess: You made very little effort to conceal your identity, and you simultaneously wrote horrifically racist shit like this. Having trouble finding work these days? Go figure, eh?

Welcome to Kathy Shaidle's world, Wendy. Enjoy.

P.S. Wendy? If you're looking to save money, you might want to order just one drink at a time:


I'm just sayin'.

TOTALLY UNSYMPATHETIC AFTERSNARK: It occurs to me to suggest that, before any of Wendy Sullivan's adoring groupies begin shelling out any cash, they might want to make sure it's being invested wisely. How about a quick perusal of Wendy's spending habits? Oooooh ... that doesn't look good:

More CPAC Swag

My ticket may have cost me $425, but I walked out with a fortune worth of books, shirts, and other swag...

Books! Oh my god, there were books! So many books, so little luggage space. WonderWoman and I wound up having to buy extra duffel bags from the airline to cart all this back across the border...

In addition, I purchased Glenn Reynolds' An Army of Davids, and Michelle Malkin's Unhinged. I had both Glenn and Michelle sign my book to RightGirl.

Here's a thought, Wendy ... maybe you should stop dumping hundreds of dollars into registration fees for worthless, neo-con wankfests. And, hey ... you could try selling some of those awesome books you picked up, although I'm not optimistic that you'll cover the rent that way, given that most of them are now probably collecting dust in the 99-cent remainder bin at your local car wash.

And one more piece of advice, Wendy -- I'm fairly sure your time these days might be better spent hitting the bricks looking for work and not toiling away on that wicked cool radio show of yours, which is apparently such unmitigated crap that even Twatrick Ross thinks it sucks canal water.

So suck it up, Wendy. You yappy whingers are always blithering on about the evils of welfare and the nobility of hard work. Howzabout you stop asking for charity and get out there and earn a living the way most of us do? By working for it.

Oh, and Wendy? If you really do end up needing a cardboard box, I recommend the picture-in-picture model. Your fellow homeless people will be intensely jealous.

SUPER DUPER UPPITY DATE
: It occurs to me to suggest that anyone crying poverty today should not have, less than a year ago, written and posted this:

RightGirl gets her waxing done at The Ten Spot on Queen. Aside from the agony they inflict on my more sensitive areas, they do a great eyebrow job, too. Thursday nights they serve martinis with their pedicures, and they have a very funky west-end atmosphere. Clean, friendly, hip and urban...

Last weekend I joined a friend at Body Blitz at Adelaide and Portland. While she was getting a massage, I had my body scrubbed with sea salt with herbs and oil to slough off a peeling sunburn. Mmmmm, bliss...

The Elmwood Spa in Toronto (on Elm Street, natch) is a place I’ve been to a few times, including this evening for a facial...

If money is no object in life, get your ass on a plane to Hawaii. Luxury is an understatement at the Ihilani. On the far flung South West cost of Oahu (as far away from the chaos of Honolulu and Waikiki as you can get without getting wet), in Ko’olina, is the JW Marriott Resort and Spa. It’s where I spent my first Hawaiian night back in April, and at $400/night, I’m glad I only had to stay the one!

Enjoy that cardboard box, Wendy.

26 comments:

Somena Woman said...

Hey Wendy, I know where they are hiring... Check out your nearest branch of the Canadian Armed services. You get three square meals a day, a roof over your head, and as an added bonus, you could travel the world and possibly kill brown people!

Aren't you the crazy right-wingnut chick with the gun fetish?

No need to beg for spare change from internet strangers. Go ahead Wendy... There's no life like it... yes there's no life like it... yes there's no life like it!!!!

Go and be all that you can be - because they need you in the AR--MY!

Cameron Campbell said...

Oh dear.

Southern Quebec said...

Things must have heated up over there. The comment section is 'closed'.

CC said...

Yes, SQ, I noticed that. Guessing wildly, I'll suggest that some of those commenters were even less sympathetic than I am.

If that's even physically possible.

Cameron Campbell said...

The poor thing just hasn't located her bootstraps...

she'll be pulling herself up by them any second now.

Ti-Guy said...

Frankly, I don't even believe this sob story.

900ft Jesus said...

I don’t see how her being unemployed is a problem. Aren’t Conservative Girls Hot? Isn’t it a female’s role to get down to the business of breeding and standing behind some man?

Hey you conservative men out there - what are you waiting for? The Right Girl is waiting and in need of rescue!

Somena Woman said...

As I mentioned at Stage-Left, I wonder if Right Girl is declaring any contributions she may recieve from blegging to EI or Welfare officials.

sharonapple88 said...

It looks as though she lost Beta Male.

mikmik said...

Get out there on the street corner and beg in person you lazy bitch. See what real poverty is like - you know, the poverty natives and other discriminated against people that society has kicked to the curbside because the 'bums are just lazy' have to experience. A dose of humility and being spit on is exactly what you need.

I can't think of anyone that deserves this more, Wendy. Shut the fuck up you whining brat. Sheesh, these spoiled brats are the biggest crybabies of anyone. What a goddamned wimp she is.

900ft Jesus said...

right, mikmik. That little shit Pierre from Nepean has some advice she could follow - she should learn "the values of hard word and independence and self-reliance"

900ft Jesus said...

whoops - hard work :)

Frank Frink said...

It looks as though she lost Beta Male.

He managed to locate his spine? Cool.

I thought Wendy had other fundraising options. She could always sell her pearls. Or go back to her old job as a dominatrix (and no, that isn't snark). Gotta be some money in that.

Red Tory said...

I thought about commenting on this yesterday, but it just seemed too mean.

Oh well, thank goodness that, as her good buddy Kathy Shaidle has pointed out in the past, there are no poor people in Canada.

Southern Quebec said...

Frank Frink: you are closer to the truth that you think. If you read the following post, she pretty much says that she used to have another "career". :)
http://girlontheright.com/2008/06/09/the-three-ring-torture-circus/#comments
According to her, men used to pay her to do this.

Frank Frink said...

Yes, SQ. I was referring to that specific post, just wasn't going to link to it.

Ti-Guy said...

Nothing wrong with and the pay's good. Stop begging and pick up the riding crop, Wendy.

Instapundit's wife, psychologist Dr. Helen (God, I hope she didn't have Wendy as a client) would approve, I'm sure.

thwap said...

She's probably thinking that leftists are so angry and mean-spirited.

Then she'll tuck into her garbage books and find some comforting delusions for her narcissism and self-pity.

Hopefully though, that will only last so long, and her unemployment will last longer, and she'll learn a lesson or two.

KEvron said...

poverty sucks. been there. i don't wish it on anyone.

KEvron

Dr.Dawg said...

I'm with you, KEv.

thwap said...

Oh, I've been poor. She sounds like she needs it.

Zorpheous said...

I'd like to say I fell sorry for Wendy, but I don't. I hve been where she is, nd I ucked it up and took what work I could find. Show some of the Rightwingy, stnd on your own two feet, personal responsibility nd stop blogging and get your fat arse out there busing tables, or sling grits, or join the military and serve your nation you freaking screeching harpo-bot. Damn even squeegy kids provide a more importnt service thn her racist, homophobic, hate filled blog.

Hey Wendy, here's tip, cut the high speed internet, sell you computer, get rid or your cable, lose the cell phone, stop buying worthless rightwing freaking ignorsnt books, and start pounding the pavement nd look for a job

Rev.Paperboy said...

wow, is it possible to overdose on schadenfreude?

As one of the internet's leading agnostic clergymen, let me just say, never doubt that Karma is as real as Newtonian physics and that the golden rule works.

GIGO doesn't just apply to computers Wendy, it applies to life.

Zorpheous said...

schadenfreude?

yes we are o.d'ing on schadenfreude, but you have to admit, it is so deserving and a long time over due.

So what happened to her Beta Male? Guess he read the blog and read she was pining for a hot beef injection form those alpha males and told her to go stuff herself maybe? Well if that is what happened, I certainly don't blame him, if my wife said that on the open internet, I'd be walking too.

Zorpheous said...

“If they’re “poor” it’s because they were too lazy and stupid to a) finish high school and/or b) keep their pants on. Jesus had something to say about folks who didn’t properly manage their money or other people’s, and who squandered free gifts and good will.”

ajsuhail said...

Could'nt have happened to a nicer person!