Friday, March 21, 2008
Friday night amuse me blogging.
Since last week’s was such fun, I thought we should do it all over again. So the following in the comments, if you please.
1) Favourite zombie/virus/unexplained rage movie — serious and/or satire.
2) Favourite retro TV show.
3) Author that you like that no one else seems to — or at least won’t admit to liking.
1) Zombie satire ... no question Shaun of the Dead. Just truly hilarious, bent Brit humour from the brilliant mind of Simon Pegg. Rage virus would have to be Danny Boyle’s 28 Days Later. Scared the hell outta me.
2) Hmmm, definitely a toss-up between Get Smart and the Carol Burnett Show. In my opinion, they're both outstanding examples of TV that was ahead of its time. I’ve seen all the episodes more times than I can count and I’ll still watch any time some channel picks them up in repeats.
3) Stephen King. And no, I don’t care if people think he’s a hack. Any author who can consistently turn out books with characters that I can honestly care about and plots that are so scary they screw with my sleep patterns has some serious writing chops.