Tuesday, July 22, 2008

We get mail.


From the CC HQ mail bin, yes, they do care what we think:

Hello,

I’m from Fitzhenry & Whiteside and wondering if you would be interested in receiving a review copy of “Am I Dead Yet?” a book by former CBC journalist John Scully. It’s his memoir on his experience as a war journalist and critiques today’s media and journalism.

I think it’s a good match to your blog as it covers world media and events and would generate discussion. If you’re interested in receiving a copy please e-mail back with your address.

Hmmmmm ... an interesting selection, wouldn't you say?

I'm thinking we can pass that request on to CC HQ military cub reporter Matt Bin, who can provide us with said review. Admittedly, it won't be of the quality of Patsy Ross' waxing philosophical on the superior combat attributes of Godzilla versus King Kong but, then again, what is?

2 comments:

Dr.Dawg said...

I got that too, and I'm going to go ahead and review it. The whole "blogs vs. 'MSM'" angle needs further work--this might provide an opportunity to do some.

M@ said...

It's a good idea by F&W and I'm looking forward to reviewing the book. Race ya, Dawg...