Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Dear wanks: A minute of your time, if I may.


So ... you have a publicly-paid minister of the elected government who leaves classified NATO documents in the residence of someone who has a well-known history of consorting with biker gangs and the Mob. Exactly what part of that do you consider "private?"

I'm just curious.

WHOOPSIE: And I'm guessing that all of this is "private" and none of our business, either, is that it?

And you absolutely have to lurrrrrrrvvvvv this part:

Fortier told the Star "this matter was only brought to my attention today, June 10."

"Mr. Bernard Côté failed to inform me that while he was in a personal relationship with Julie Couillard, at the same time she was also vying for government business for Kevlar and raised it with Mr. Côté," he said. "Mr. Côté should have recused himself of having any dealings with the matter at hand, which he unfortunately didn't."

I'm sorry ... the excellent adventures of Julie and Maxime have been above-the-fold news for weeks, and Fortier is learning only now of this exciting, new twist related to one of his own underlings? Did it not occur to any of these people to perhaps be a little more pro-active about this with their employees, along the lines of:

"OK, folks, you're probably wondering why I called you all in here. Well, in light of recent news developments, I was wondering if any of the rest of you have been fucking Julie Couillard. Anyone? Anyone? Seriously, it's kind of important. I'm not kidding."

I mean, really, it's what I would have done. But that's because I'm not an imbecile.

3 comments:

Ti-Guy said...

I'm guessing John Baird, Jason Kenney and Stockwell Day are not in the sights with regard to les liaisons amoureuses de Mme Couillard. But no one else. Not even Ambrose, Guergis or even Lurleen herself.

E in MD said...

What.

E in MD said...

Oh wait.. you said Wanks, not Yanks.

My bad. =)