Friday, July 11, 2008
Let’s play, shall we?
I’m starting late tonight but I have a very good reason. This girl just came back from a ride in my poppa’s brand new Maserati Quattroporte and oh my does that car move. My poppa’s going to be racking up the speeding tickets if he’s not careful. Now on to business.
1) Name a movie you’ve seen that made you laugh ... and I don’t mean just laugh-out-loud, I mean full-metal belly laugh and guffaws.
2) Name a movie that you think is terrific that no one else seems to have seen.
3) And, just to change things up, if you could be the author of just one of the books that you’ve read which one would it be?
1) Hmmmmmm, I’m going to break my own rule and name more than one. Snatch, A Fish Called Wanda, Drop Dead Gorgeous and Dogma all made me howl at different points in each film. I have to admit, half the hilarity of Drop Dead Gorgeous lies in the startling resemblance the Mount Rose townspeople bear to the Blogging Tories, don’t you think?
2) Beautiful Girls by Ted Demme (who is an astonishingly underrated director) — an absolutely outstanding little film with an incredible cast playing small-town friends exchanging crisp, witty, intelligent dialogue as they evaluate life and what may come next.
3) To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, a book that I’ve read and reread countless times ... and each time I enjoy it more.