Friday, May 09, 2008
Play time, boys and girls.
Let’s change things up this week, shall we? Your all Bond/spy answers in the comments, if you please.
1) Favourite spy/espionage/thriller franchise and why.
2) Favourite Bond villain and why.
3) Favourite James Bond theme song.
1) The Bourne Trilogy with Matt Damon. While I do love most of the Bond films, there were a few stinkers in there and the Bourne Trilogy, in this girl’s opinion, is just edge-of-your-seat, cracking good fun. The constant twists and turns as Bourne tries to a) find out who he really is, b) resign himself to that knowledge and c) stay alive and one step ahead in the process was incredibly well-played. And Matt Damon was a hell of a pleasant surprise as Jason Bourne.
2) Yaphet Kotto as Dr. Kananga / Mr. Big in Live and Let Die. And I’m breaking my own rule because I don’t really know why. I’ve just always thought that particular Bond film was a complete hoot and Yaphet Kotto played the part so well; at times almost playful in his cold-bloodedness. And his death scene rocked. Come on, blown up like a helium balloon via compressed air pill? Classic.
3) Diamonds are Forever by Dame Shirley Bassey ... the quintessential Bond song.