Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Monica chronicles.


From the comments back here, Monica gives us all sorts of ideas for upcoming pieces:

Thanks for the interesting topic suggestion...I would be happy to write about that. My Master's thesis was actually on U.S. military wives and their inability to openly oppose the Iraq War. Anyway, it'll probably take me a few days before I'm able to respond properly as I'm a Program Manager and Victim Advocate for a Native American domestic violence/sexual assault program and its grant reporting time...I'm swamped this week.

Oooooh ... oooooh ... something on the military wives issue would be interesting, too. I'm betting my regular collection of shrieking, leftard moonbats would enjoy that. (Is any of that material available online?) But whatever floats your boat, Monica.

And take your time ... we're in no rush, we're patient people here. I mean, we've been waiting for the Blogging Tories to evolve brain stems and develop social consciences for some time now, so we know these things don't happen overnight. If ever.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please be nice to Monica.
She sounds like fun and she seems gracious enough.

CC said...

Is there something in particular you're concerned about, CWTF? Thus far, I think everyone's been well-behaved and I see no reason for that to change.

I'm looking forward to this, and I'm guessing some of my regular readers are as well. Let's not invent problems where none exist.

Red Tory said...

I haven't heard back from Olaf yet, but military families opposed to the war was part of my argument in favour of the concept that it is possible to "support the troops" and be opposed to the mission they're engaged in. It should be most interesting to see what Monica has to say about this. Not to mention the execrable Mr. Evans, of course.

Unknown said...

"...we've been waiting for the Blogging Tories to ... develop social consciences for some time now,..."

Would that be a "social conscience" like yours, one so highly developed that it allows you to address a widow in the manner you did and then justify it with a lame story about your cat's demise? It is noted that you did not apologize for your highly developed behaviour, you only tried to excuse it with a sob story.
But then, it's all water under the bridge, isn't it, "(s)o let's just move on and see what we can accomplish here, OK?".

Ti-Guy said...

Fergusrush, the prissy scolding was being done in another thread.

Anonymous said...

Is there something in particular you're concerned about, CWTF?
Yes.
I'm not a patient man and I don't want to want 6000 years for that evolution.
I'm hoping that Monica is above the BT...

Unknown said...

My thesis is not available online but for those who are interested, I can send email to as a PDF

Unknown said...

You really need to buy a dictionary, Tiggy, if you think that pointing out the incongruity of CC's words and actions is "prissy scolding". In fact, since the bulk of CC's writing on this site is comprised of his attempts to do exactly what I did in my comment, one is led to the inescapable conclusion that you do not actually comprehend what goes on in this place.

Ti-Guy said...

I don't need a dictionary to re-acquaint myself with the terms "prissy" and "scolding" when you continue to provide me with examples of such things.

Priss. Scold.

Unknown said...

Cherniak_WTF - thanks for your support. CC, I may be completely mistaken, but perhaps Cherniak_WTF was referring to the somewhat sarcastic tone you seemed to be using in the "Monica Chronicles." Maybe I misread you, but it seemed a bit mocking...

CC said...

If there was a mocking tone, it was directed at the BTs. The suggestion of "taking your time" was quite serious, since you mentioned you were in the midst of heavy-duty grant proposal writing.

No mocking was intended, sorry if that's how it came across.

Unknown said...

CC - glad to hear that...thank you!