Saturday, July 21, 2007

The forest and the trees -- more lessons in civility.


And while the wingnut-o-sphere is still yanking themselves into a frenzy over my intemperate remarks, Big City Lib is staying on top of the current brouhaha involving the Human Rights complaint against Free Dominion involving Christian activist and deranged loon Bill Whatcott.

That would, for you newbies, be the same Bill Whatcott who really, really, really wants to put gays in jail for being, well, gay:

I see I will have to start another post soon on the wisdom of criminalizing homosexuality (I refuse to use the term gay as homo-sexuals are not happy).

I'm sure Warren Kinsella will be all over this the instant he sobers up.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Warren Kinsella does seem to be living in the past quite a bit...
Not sure he's a drunk, maybe senile?
His little quip about CC was pricelss in it's stupidity.

Ti-Guy said...

I'm going with "formlessly angry" for reasons he alone knows.

Kinsella's biggest failing is that he just has no real sense of humour or of the absurd. For intelligent people, that's usually the foundation of emotional discombobulation.

Mike said...

Respectfully, ti-guy, I disagree about "Kinsella's biggest failing". I would say it's his wildly inflated opinion of himself. He thinks Warren Kinsella is just wonderfully, brilliant, amazing ...

Anonymous said...

Maybe it should be drunk after all....

Ti-Guy said...

I would say it's his wildly inflated opinion of himself. He thinks Warren Kinsella is just wonderfully, brilliant, amazing ...

I don't know. I don't think he really believes that...there's a tentativeness about what he does that reveals a certain insecurity. If he had a sense of humour, he could probably make that work, but alas and alack...

Let's just all agree that he has a multitude of failings; a veritable smorgasbord of mediocrities that ensures we always end up talking about him. I'm sure he appreciates that.

Alison said...

Whatnott has a post up at the babble thread on this looking for help to defray the financial costs of defending religion by bashing Muslims:

"I'm taking donations too! I have a human rights case in Saskatchewan and multiple hate crimes investigations to deal with at the moment. The cost of defending religious freedom is heavy but it's loss is even a greater burden to bear.

Remember the bible clearly teaches "God loves a cheerful giver."