Sunday, March 09, 2008

Apparently, Senate relevance is context dependent.


I shouldn't have to explain the unintentional hilarity here:

Senate must vote down C-253

Um, right, Joanne ... having the Senate ride to the rescue. Refresh my memory, Joanne ... that would be that Liberal-dominated, worthless, unaccountable Senate we're talking about here?

In other news, join us down the road when the Senate that votes down Bill C-484 once again becomes a bunch of patronage-soaked, useless cronies that should all be stuffed into bottles and sent out with the North Atlantic Current. But not before they vote down C-253, of course.

SNICKER. You have to love some of the comments over at JoJo's place, like this one:

If this bizzare bill passes the Senate (without amendment) it certainly is proof positive that the Liberals and their Senate would for the sake of vote buying/muscle flexing, undo all that the Martin government did, and plunge the country into deficit.

Yes, that bill would "plunge the country into deficit." That's the one that would do it, not, say, this:

Canada's Conservatives slash taxes by 60 billion dollars

Canada's Finance Minister Jim Flaherty on Tuesday announced 60 billion dollars in tax cuts over the next five years, bringing Canadians' tax burden to its lowest level in half a century.

But don't worry -- if we end up back in deficits, it'll be the Liberals' fault. I swear, sometimes I can feel myself getting stupider just reading that stuff. That can't be good.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you know - the only way Conservatives can claim any logic is by "relativism"....

Ti-Guy said...

I'm always fascinated by wondering how the inconsistency and hypocrisy of people like Joanne manifests itself in real life.

From what I observe around me, no one really takes people like Joanne seriously; the real damage they do do is to their children, though, who one day wake up and realise just what a fraud their parents have been.

I've got whole slew of deceased Auntie Joanne's and none of them have left any legacy their children remember fondly.

Red Tory said...

"Situational relativism"... like I've been saying. This is a fine example that I'll be making note of for future reference. Also a shining illustration of the complete lack of consistency on the part of so-called "conservatives". Do they realize how ridiculous they sound at times? Don't they remember what they wrote just last month/week/day?

I liked some of the comments over there claiming this showed how "dysfunctional" parliament has become. Funny, but I don't seem to remember them making even a peep when it was revealed that the Conservatives were actively working to obstruct committee business with all sorts of underhanded tactics in order to get their own way and override the majority... I guess that wasn't "dysfunctional" huh?

The Seer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Seer said...

Perhaps Lord Tweedsmuir, or his successor, can deny assent. That would even make the Governor General relevant.

Ti-Guy said...

I'm starting to think another "King-Byng Thing" is what the Harpies want.

I hope Elizabeth Regina has him beheaded first. She can still do that, you know.

Chimera said...

LMAO! Man, if I were a Liberal Sentor right now, I'd have such a shopping list of favors...lol!