Wednesday, June 06, 2007

My God, I love being right: Part 3,819.


Go. Read. Take your time. Concentrate especially on this closing excerpt:

The northern Kurdish regions of Iraq have consistently been more peaceful than the rest of Iraq, so this "handover" was purely symbolic and nothing else but, hey, let's not let the facts get in the way of some mindless cheerleading.

Besides, it's not clear how long things are going to stay quite that peaceful:

Turkish troops mass at Iraq border for possible strike

From south and north, Iraq's Kurdish region felt pressure from two sides, as saboteurs bombed a vital bridge link to Baghdad, and Turkish troops across the border massed for a possible strike.

And if things go downhill in a hurry, I'll do my best to keep you properly informed since, God knows, you won't hear any of the bad news from Kate or her yapping minions, will you?

Why, yes ... now that you mention it, I am a fucking genius:

Several thousand Turkish troops crossed into northern Iraq early Wednesday to chase Kurdish guerrillas who attack Turkey from bases there, two Turkish security officials said. Turkey's foreign minister denied its troops had entered Iraq.

Your move, Kate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

American troops painted a school
An American Soldier rescued a kitten from a tree.
Iraqi children enjoy some candy today.

You make this too easy CC,...

Oh breaking News from Iraq, Bash says everything is just fine and dandy.

¢rÄbG®äŠŠ said...

Yeah, I read that earlier today. And I said to myself "My GOD, but that CC's a fucking genius". My boss told me to shut the fuck up and get back to work. I didn't realize I had said it out loud.

Anyway, this is good news, as it will ultimately give the U.S. the opportunity to hand over responsibilty for security in those northern regions to the Kurds again. And again...