Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Chronicles of Twatrick: Happy interestversary!

Pursuant to pretty much nothing, it is now 11 months to the day that I registered my default judgment for malicious defamation against Lloydminster's Patrick Ross in the province of Saskatchewan, at which time the presiding judge increased the compound interest rate on the outstanding amount from 2 per cent to 5 per cent:



 

As a more recent development, Patrick's employer in northern Alberta was, just last week, served with a garnishment order under Saskatchewan's Enforcement of Money Judgments Act (EMJA), which awards me 30 per cent of Patrick's income. I am already in the process of applying to increase that amount, as I am entitled to do under the EMJA, based on Patrick's rather obvious lack of expenses given that he normally lives at home and has no dependents. (The garnishment order, plus the potential increase in the portion I am awarded, applies not just to Patrick's current employer, but will follow him around to any job he ever takes after that.)

That is all.

No comments: