Monday, November 29, 2021

Chronicles of Twatrick: "Identity fraud" edition.

If you need any more evidence of the utter cluelessness of Lloydminster's Patrick Ross, here, let me help, as it involves Patrick's singular inability to distinguish between the two quite separate violations of identify theft and identify fraud, something that was explained to him years ago but which still seems to elude him.

Most understand the concept of identity theft: the idea that you steal someone's credit card number or bank account number or something similar, all for the sake of personal financial enrichment. We all understand that part, that's not why we're here.

We're here because Patrick Ross is so unspeakably stupid as to think that is the same as identity fraud, which I can assure you is something quite different. Let's start with the definition of identity fraud courtesy of the Criminal Code of Canada, shall we?




Now, while the first part of the explanation of identity fraud seems familiar, it's the highlighted part that is noticeably different from theft. Note well what is so interesting about point (c) -- identity fraud does not require any attempt at personal enrichment. Rather, the definition makes it clear that all it takes to commit identity fraud is to personate someone with the intent of causing them disadvantage, or annoyance, or inconvenience. Did you catch that?

Because what this means is that, in Canada, you are committing identity fraud if you represent yourself as someone else simply because you want to jerk them around and piss them off, examples being, say, signing them up for multiple mailing lists, or posting bogus profiles for them on Grindr, or ... well, you get the idea. There is no need for there to be financial benefit for the perpetrator; all that is required for identity fraud to occur is the intent to "disadvantage" someone in any way.

Which makes Patrick Ross' recent position so amusing, since he seems to be admitting that, yes, he did register a pile of service calls in the name of Peter Skinner (leaving Peter's contact info), which resulted in an annoying number of phone calls. But Patrick's defense is that, hey, one of those calls resulted in Peter being sent a $25 discount coupon for his next service call and, you know, who doesn't want a discount, so Patrick could not possibly be guilty of identity fraud.

I think you see Patrick's impending problem.

It doesn't matter what the end result is if you did not give the other person permission to use your name. If the end result is a never-ending stream of phone calls, or e-mails, or coupons, or offers to clean your ducts, it matters not one whit that there is no financial gain in it for Patrick; all that matters is that he has absolutely committed identity fraud and, just to finish this off, the Criminal Code of Canada takes a dim view of such shenanigans:




And remember, this is a criminal charge, so if Peter decides to be hard-assed about this, it is entirely possible that Patrick could end up with a criminal record, at which point he will find out the hard way just what his travel and employment prospects are.

Any questions?

P.S. If you think I'm kidding about Patrick's cluelessness, well, here's his logic, exactly as I described it above:



Except that is exactly what Patrick was doing; he's just too stupid to understand that it's a crime.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peter: Please, please be a hardass about this. If Patrick Ross gets away with these shenanigans, he'll do it again to others.

Anonymous said...

That would be amazing. What are the chances that Patrick would have his lawsuit thrown out, have costs awarded against him, be declared a vexatious litigant AND be charged and convicted of identity fraud so that he ended up with a criminal record? And maybe even go to jail. What a Christmas present that would be. Oh, and have all his assets seized by sheriffs. And remain an undischarged bankrupt for the rest of his life. I don't know how anyone can fuck up his life that badly.

RogueNerdOne said...

This post is _exactly_ what I was trying to convey to Patrick, but once again he found a piece of law in the realm of what he's looking for and does amazing mental gymnastics for it to fit his narrative.

I never agreed to allow anyone to enter my information into third party systems. Being in I.T for 30 years, I know how mailing lists are sold and swapped and account for over 90% of spam. I use a throw away account when I sign up for anything. That's why when this came in, I immediately contacted the company. Patrick one second is saying that Tick Tock Tech told him that at no time did the company interact with me _at all_, yet now says it was a coupon so it's ok. Which is it? Did they have contact with me or not?

I can prove they did, and I'm going to 100% assume no one at Tick Tock Tech spoke to Patrick about this, because when I did after a tweet he posted, I was told at no time did anyone ever say that to him.

They did tell me that Patrick said I was alleging things against their company, which I didn't. I showed them proof of what I said, and why would I blame them? They were simply running a website someone thought they could use to harass me.

There's a HUGE difference between identity theft, and identity fraud. I never once accused Patrick of the latter, and I have everything I've ever said on this saved from a Twitter backup, with the hash signature from Twitter when my archive was read.

Once again, I'll say it. Patrick never engages honestly. He'll twist anything said to fit his fucked up temper tantrums.

Oh, and I have proof he's done such actions in the past where he tried to harass me via anonymous text messages, but he used a service that only charged $5 to reveal the person's phone number they were sent from. Guess who sent them? Wrong, it was Patrick. I still have the proof, and a letter from the company explaining how they obtained his phone number (the app divulges it to the company in case of harassment), and that Patrick sent me text messages telling me to leave his 17 yr old daughter alone. This was also when he called me a pedophile relentlessly on Twitter over a joke about Miley Cyrus. It's fucking weird what he latches on to.

Oh well, enough for tonight. Two more days... and then it's my turn. Let's see him dodge my upcoming motions like he has my statement of defense.

Anonymous said...

Holy shit. What is it with Patrick Ross and calling people pedophiles? Has he NEVER learned?

MgS said...

Anonymous @ 1:09 PM:

No, he hasn't.

Anonymous said...

Soooooo....looks like Twatrick dragged his fat ass back to Lloyd to accept service.

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/track-reperage/en#/details/RN476535528CA