Friday, April 09, 2010

Curious How...

PM Stevie can claim that... "Last night my office became aware of serious allegations regarding the conduct of the Honourable Helena Guergis. These allegations relate to the conduct of Ms. Guergis and do not involve any other Ministers, MPs, Senators or federal government employees."

What a lovely and sweeping disclaimer! Yet the Liberals, not precisely an ethical lot in their own right, are now a full decade, four leaders, a handful of elections and a couple of conservative governments removed from Adscam and still carry the mantle of universal corruption. I guess the Conservatives just get to have a lot more standards, since they're doubled and all. Way to go Conservatives, way to go.

5 comments:

jkg said...

Dawg uncovered more revelations about the Afghan detainee issue, which means along with Hellraising Helena I should start up my pool again of When the " But, But the Libruls!" meme will be typed with erratic fury. Or has it already happened? If so, I guess I missed my chance to make some easy money.

CK said...

You should read some of the blogging tories since yesterday, like Look at me I'm Sandra Dee (tory talk) and Jojo (blue like you). Soooo hillarious!!

They're all getting unhinged...

They're like..'oh NOOOOOOO!!! Iggy is gonna provoke an election!!!'Jojo's commenters...

Yah, right, Iggy will huff and puff (it is a bad strategy if you ask me, will be blogging about that more in detail this evening hopefully.), but this isn't enough of a crisis for him to do so...

Or Sandra Dee, who has been beating that adscam dead horse is accusing the other side of making up stories about Mr & Mrs Disfunctional in order to cover up adscam.

Lindsay, I know you're not an Iggy fan, but I'm sure you can even see the humour in the blogging tories' hysteria...

Shiner said...

Well said Lindsay!

No worries for the Cons though, Rob Harvie explained it away over at BCL's. When Conservatives do it it's just a manufactured issue, it's Paul Martin and Gagliano that are the real bad guys.

double nickel said...

But, but , but....Clinton!!!!

Moon Rattled said...

It still amazes me she was in charge of the "Status of Women". Role model FAIL.

The Status of that Woman is TERMINATED.

I wonder what Sandy et al will say when the RCMP finds wrongdoing. Accuse them of a smear campaign?