Saturday, October 21, 2023

Time for my annual "Warm Socks" fundraiser.

As I have done for the last few years, I am re-activating my GoFundMe fundraiser to purchase mountains of warm socks and underwear and mitts and toques for local Ottawa shelters.

The pattern is that I collect donations, then scour the area for the best deals on high-quality socks, and underwear, and assorted winterwear, and donate it all to the local shelters like Shepherds of Good Hope and the Ottawa Mission. Here's just one pic from last year, where I scored a nad-crushing deal on awesome socks:



In the end, I delivered several large garbage bags of winterwear to people who needed it, and it's all happening again this year.

So cough up, and simply trust that I will find the best way to spend that money.

No comments: