Monday, December 01, 2008

The Canadian Blog Awards: Go vote.


As much as I consider the Canadian Blog Awards in their current incarnation to still be hopelessly disorganized and (in some cases) utterly ridiculous, I am going to send you all over there to do a little voting. Just a little.

First, in the area of "Best Sci/Tech Blog", it's sorely tempting to make a mess of that category and have you all vote for Canadian ID whackjob Denyse O'Leary, but that would just give her something to cream herself over, so do the right thing and (in my humble opinion, anyway) vote for DeSmogBlog. Or vote for someone else in that category if you wish, just don't vote for that shrieking airhead, that's all I ask.

And in the category of "Best Non-Partisan Blog," there are some fine choices and some not so fine choices, but I think this one's a no-brainer: Bow James Bow. Yes, StageLeft and TGB are top-notch blogs, but James really does define the standard of meticulously non-partisan, so go show him some bloggy love.

The rest of the CDNBA chaos is entirely up to you.

13 comments:

fern hill said...

I know, I know, I shouldn't do this. But go have a look who made the final cut in the Feminist category.

Then go check out one of them, Choice for Childcare. Look at her blogroll and what she herself has to say about her nomination.

I guess the word 'choice' in the blog title confused the person with the Women's Studies background, eh?

LuLu said...

Sara the Scold has been nominated as Best Feminist Blog but JJ's been kicked to the curb ... that's awesome.

Beijing York said...

Choice for Childcare? WTF!?!?

The name of her blog is a Harper speaking point.

Beijing York said...

Weird. I posted that there was a glitch when I tried to vote in that category last night.

Just went to check it out and I swear there was a different set of finalists. I remember Dammit Janet and Lilith Attack being there. Not so now.

Balbulican said...

I'm not saying for SURE that James Bow was directly involved in the Mumbai terrorist attacks. I have no conclusive evidence that absolutely confirms that. But I can say categorically that Stageleft was not.

Red Tory said...

Always happy to show support for the estimable Mr. Bow.

Anarchore said...

What is this vanity shit? There is no place to nominate anyone, this is political gatekeeping if you ask me! Where is Zionofascism, http://zionofascism.wordpress.com/ the best blog in Canada, that is making the political establishment pee their pants that such information ever be disseminated to a beaten Canadian public that is psychologically broken down and intellectually crippled by the Cult of Churchill and Zionist media(euphemistically referred to here as Conservative Television Vehicle, which tells part of the story but not all--Zionofascism tells you the rest of the story)? Not even an option!

Lindsay Stewart said...

oh good grief, anarcwhore you stupid goober, the cdnba is now beyond nomination and through the first round of voting. now go find some nice traffic to play in and don't come blog-whoring round here, m'kay.

Dr.Dawg said...

You mean that was a serious comment? I thought it was even funnier than Stageleft's. :)

Balbulican said...

Funny? What do you mean, "funny"? You're not siding with the "bloggers who refuse to produce definitive proof that they're not siding with terrorists"?, ARE YOU?

Dr.Dawg said...

Back in your cage, you Zionofascist Churchillian. We know how to deal with your sort.

Balbulican said...

It's a fair cop.

sooey said...

Screw you guys. I didn't make it to Round Two. Blogging Awards suck.