Saturday, December 06, 2008

308 Pigs At The Trough

Since the useless, overpaid fucks that we elected a few weeks ago have managed to shit the national bed from every angle, direction and altitude it seems the only recourse they have found to their own stupidity is six weeks of recess. As a non-partisan crank, I exclude none of the Members of the House from my anger. There are 308 jerk offs collecting pay for doing nothing. Seems like a pretty fine gig, if you can get it. But since we are facing what appears to be an unprecedented economic crisis globally as well as here at home, it hardly seems reasonable that these pampered fools continue to collect their pay for their collective failure to attend to the nation's business. That is money that could be better spent elsewhere, there are some 70,000 more Canadians in need this month than there were a month ago.

Here's how it breaks down, we pay each of these bastards a base salary of $69,564 per year, they get $12,000 a year to help defray housing expenses in Ottawa and they also receive a base allowance of $22,950 for expenses. With a little division and addition we learn that over the period of prorogation each and every member is going to receive wages of $8,695, housing expenses of $1,500 and allowance totalling $2,868.75 for a total of $13,063.75 each. This figure doesn't include any of the wage scale jumps for positions of Prime Minister, Cabinet Minister, Party Leader, Leader of Opposition, Parliamentary Secretary, Secretary of State or Speaker of the House. So, without factoring in the rest of the gravy spilt, these useless fools are syphoning no less than $4,023,635 out of the public purse. For doing nothing and lots of it.

As a leftie, I am all in favour of equal pay for equal work but as I was raised to appreciate the work ethic and since I understand the value of a dollar, having too few of my own to take them for granted, it galls me to help pay these men and women their generous compensations. No work, no pay. That's how it plays down here on the streets. You want to play silly buggers with the fate of the nation, fuck you. Fuck all 308 of you. As far as I'm concerned, Parliament is on strike and we as management are under no obligation to pay you.

No pay for no work.

9 comments:

Robert McClelland said...

How is this everyone's fault when only the Conservatives wanted to shut Parliament down?

Metro said...

I'm up with Rob.

However, I do feel that we should call this a layoff and send every one of those 308 to the UI office ... sorry, the "EI" office (I mean if fire insurance is insurance against a fire what exactly is "employment insurance"? But I digress).

Let them try to live through Christmas on half-pay. They might have to buy less tinsel!

sooey said...

I dunno. I'm with psa because I think the Coalition was relieved that Parliament was prorogued. And if they meant what they're saying, they'd turf the greasy little shits who curry favour with an ignorant populace by speaking out against it to the media.

sooey said...

Plus I have a blog crush on psa.

Sheena said...

We know.

"propha"
The propha speaks to Sheena through WV and imparts wisdom.

Noni Mausa said...

I'm with Rob too. Whatever the Coalition may have wanted or not, if Harper had not taken extraordinary measures three ^%$&^*%!! times -- the election and two proroguements -- we would have had by now twelve weeks of all star wrestling in Parliament, plus (maybe) a new government to keep us entertained. Instead, we had two weeks of chimplike dominance posturing.

And there would never have been a coalition if Harper hadn't cared more about his precious control-freak priorities than the job we hired him for. And, let's all watch and see what happens in la belle province after next Monday's vote.

Noni

Unknown said...

Well, if the Coalition actually does what they've been saying they would (keep working on policy during the prorogue), then they'd actually be working but prevented from actually doing anything directly for Canadians by the Scared Li'l Stevie. So I don't mind paying for them all that much.

Chimera said...

"...I do feel that we should call this a layoff and send every one of those 308 to the UI office ... sorry, the "EI" office..."

Wouldn't work. They don't pay into the EI program, so they're not entitled to its benefits. Nice thought, though.

WV: spromeo

Help me out, here, Sheena. My translator went *sproioioioioing*.

Mike said...

I'm with ya psa.

Enough leeching. I wish I could get $140K and only work 2/3 of the year...