Wednesday, January 09, 2008

I suppose it all depends on your definition …


To be filed under the heading of "I’m not sure that word means what you think it means", Five Feet of Crazy™ is once again pimping her magnum opus which is flying off the virtual shelves.

If you're one of the many who've purchased my new e-book Acoustic Ladyland: Kathy Shaidle Unplugged, please add your review.

Lulu.com makes it easy to do.

Let’s take a look at the sales stats, shall we?



Ooopsie. Perhaps Five Feet thinks the sales ranking is actually the number of sales? Nobody tell her – she’ll be soooooo embarrassed. But all is not lost, this should get those numbers climbing like nobody's business.

(Remember: this Friday, January 11, the price of the book goes up!)

Omigod, omigod, omigod!! CC, I need a raise. Like now! Let’s see - 5% of nothing is ... nothing. Heeeeey, wait a minute.

And by the way. I take great umbrage with the fact that her do-it-yourself publishing house is called "LuLu". Blech.

That's just shameless. And the pimping never ends ...

Don't forget to add your review to the Lulu.com site.

Here's a great one from "chaz":

"I'd been reading Kathy Shaidle's blog for a year or so now, and I was hungry for more. These pieces date from her tenure as a columnist for a Toronto newspaper, before her Web archives kick in, and reading them convinced me that what Florence King is to the South, Kathy Shaidle is to the Great White North. Miss this at your peril."

And if you look at Lulu.com (I really want that name changed), you'll see a grand total of 2 reviews.

15 comments:

Red Tory said...

Heh. That was the first thing I noticed. I figured it would give you a frisson of disgust to have that association made with your name.

Hey, allow me to do a little pimping of my own. I've got a piece that should be appearing over at Scott Tribe's place later on this morning. Go check it out if you get a chance.

(I would have posted here, but I wanted to appeal to folks that might be a little chary of CC's rough and tumble rhetoric and artfully blunt way of telling it like it is. I'd still love to post a blistering screed here at sometime in the future.)

Red Tory said...

Oh, and I almost forgot. About Five Feet of Infection's "virtual" book sales: Bah,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha!

I guess she could look on the bright side. They're 100% more than when the first book sold.

E in MD said...

Hey Lulu... perhaps you should start a publishing company and call it 'Five Feet of Furry' and let a bunch of those guys write stories on it.

CC said...

Just so you folks know, lulu.com isn't Shaidle's private vanity press; it's a venture of Linux pioneer Bob Young.

Ti-Guy said...

I think I'll wait for the movie to come out.

One of the ebullient reviewers calls her the "Florence King of the Great White North."

Why do righties always squeal so much?

counter-coulter said...

Ti-Guy said...
I think I'll wait for the movie to come out.


They've already made that movie.

LuLu said...

Just so you folks know, lulu.com isn't Shaidle's private vanity press; it's a venture of Linux pioneer Bob Young.

Well, he should have higher standards when it comes to so-called authors. I'm just sayin'.

admin said...

That article at Scott's place is posted now.

LuLu said...

E in MD said...
Hey Lulu... perhaps you should start a publishing company and call it 'Five Feet of Furry' and let a bunch of those guys write stories on it.


Eewwwwww. And then we can figure out where they fall on this.

Ti-Guy said...

They've already made that movie.

You mean this movie.

James Bow said...

Lulu,

The Lulu service is "pay to publish". That's where authors pay to have their books published. It's not the normal realm of book publishing where editors accept submissions from authors. So there's no standards involved. CC could take the entire contents of his blog here and pay Lulu to publish it in book form. That's the way it works.

Red Tory said...

A virtual vanity press, in other words.

¢rÄbG®äŠŠ said...

It's starting to make sense.

She's a writer; similarly, I'm a hockey player.

James Bow said...

Well, believe it or not, she was a GG nominee. 1998 poetry shortlist.

¢rÄbG®äŠŠ said...

Hmm. I didn't realize they had a separate list for short folk.