Friday, April 14, 2006

Oh, gag me.


I think I just threw up in my mouth:


MacKay effusive after first lunch with Rice


Self-declared 'fan' thanks Secretary of State

WASHINGTON -- Like a teenager who couldn't believe his good luck at finally meeting a real-live superstar, Canadian Foreign Affairs Minister Peter MacKay emerged yesterday from his inaugural meeting with U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice overflowing with enthusiasm.

"I've always been a fan of yours," Mr. MacKay said. "And much of our discussion today confirmed what I already knew about you from having followed your career. So we're very grateful and I personally extend my thanks to you for your generous and very kind invitation to be with you."

And I'm sure the boundless, nauseating admiration was mutual, right? Right?

Ms. Rice wasn't quite so personal but she seemed pleased to have such an appreciative visitor over for lunch. She lauded the "great friendship" and "tremendous trade relationship" between the two countries and thanked Canada for its help on Haiti and Afghanistan.

In any event, we can all look forward to MacKay taking a hard line in defending Canada's interests and sovereignty, right? Right?

When it came to the issues, Mr. MacKay and Ms. Rice seemed to agree on everything.

Like whether or not those thieving American fuckers will ever repay Canada all those illegal softwood lumber duties?

Just take me now, Lord.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ICK!
And I can hardly wait until Stockwell Day meets Michael Chertoff. Words fail...
This has to stop!

Alison said...

Just take me now

I'm guessing MacKay probably said that to Condi too.

And as I put it - I sure hope MacKay doesn't forget his safe word.

Zorpheous said...

Hoiw did i know you were going to mention the softwood lumber thingy? LOL. Yup, make a bat of pinewood CC and keep bashing the Americans and the CPC with it. That 5.3 billion belongs to Canada, and we ant every fucking penny back, plus interest and late fees and accounting costs and legal fees.

Capt'n CC the cannons are loaded and are pointed south, requesting permission to let fly!