Sunday, January 23, 2022

2022 Truckers for Grift: A victim of their own success?

If I was in any way involved in the idiotic 2022 Freedom Convoy, I would be getting a mite nervous about the staggering amount of money coming in:


You might think this is all terrifically good news for the organizers but, let's face it, I don't see any way that this collection of addlepated truckers can legitimately rack up over $2M in legitimate expenses, which means that those organizers will have to figure out how to dispose of that surplus, and one wonders if there will be a proper and rigorous accounting, or ... well, who the hell knows?

To paraphrase a popular warning, "With great income comes great accountability." I guess we'll see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn, that is a great grift. One wonders how newbs get in on it.

For the profit taking, of course. Fuck the anti vaxxers. But if I can take their money without physically meeting them, I'd do it lol

MgS said...

My guess is that it will disappear into undeclared income. All of it.