Once upon a time, I explained the various phases of wanker discourse thusly:
- Unreasoning and uncompromising embrace of utterly nonsensical and indefensible position.
- Subtle (and sometimes not so subtle) redefinition of basic terms to suit the argument.
- Unexpected change of subject or moving of goalposts to desperately avoid impending defeat.
- Sudden admission of error, accompanied by insistence that it's no big deal, why are you taking it all so seriously, like, chill out, man.
- Reappearance one week later, starting all over from step one as if none of the above had ever happened.
I wonder what the lovable gun-totin' urchins at "The Torch" and their World of Warcraft peeps are up to this minute. Oh, look:
On detainees...yet again...all the time
My god, we've spent a lot of time and energy on this.
That would be one Damian Brooks who, having (I'm assuming) watched his favourite political party go full-metal fascist and dictatorial on everyone else's ass for weeks now, is clearly just plain pissed about how much effort has been simply wasted on this.
Here, Damian, let me tighten that up for you:
"Hey, it's no big deal, why are you taking it all so seriously, like, chill out, man."
And just so you know, yes, it is a burden for me being absolutely right about absolutely everything absolutely all of the time. But it's a burden I'm willing to bear. Because I love you all. *Sniff*.