Sunday, December 14, 2008

Small Dead Animals: Bloggy news for the truly stupid.


Yip, yip, yip, yip, yip!



And then there is reality (emphasis added for the hard-of-thinking and those from Delisle, Saskatchewan):

[David] Vitter, R-La., has gotten out in front of opposition to the bailout of the auto industry, joining a handful of other Southern Republicans, led by Sen. Richard Shelby of Alabama.

This band of opponents prevailed Thursday in blocking action in the Senate on a bailout package passed Wednesday by the House and backed by the White House.

"We killed the really bad bailout that passed the House, " Vitter said after the filibuster prevailed Thursday night.

Canada's Blogging Tories: When you absolutely, positively need to be hideously misinformed. About everything.

BONUS SDA DOUCHEBAGITUDE
: Kate leaps onto her Rod Blagojevich-model Sybian and rides that baby:



Atta girl, Kate ... all that right-wing Blago obsession is clearly taking its toll:



Or maybe not. On the other hand, Kate, I hear that Obama really wasn't born in the U.S. and that his birth certificate is a forgery. If I were you, I'd be all over that story like Richard Evans on a Little League team photo. Your loyal readers expect no less.

A TRIPLE SHOT OF SDA STUPID: Man, I could hang out at Kate's all day and just immerse myself in the dumbassitude:



Apparently, the right-wing obsession with capitalism, supply and demand, and allowing stores to sell whatever they want depending on what makes them the most profit was an illusion.

Here's a thought, Jeanette -- if you haven't bought a nativity scene in years, maybe others hadn't either and so they weren't hot sellers so the stores dropped them. Jesus, how is it that you have to explain simple retailing to these fuckwits? But we'll give the very first commenter "Mike" the last word:



Yes, Mike ... you and the rest of the white trash, mouth-breathing, cross-burning SDA demographic are going to up and boycott Wal-Mart. Excuse me while I go spew coffee out of my nose.

THE FUN JUST NEVER ENDS
: I realize it's just giving that lying, racist shrew more web traffic but, seriously, you have to read some of the comments on that post of Kate's. Here's one of my favourites:

I once made a conscious decision to not buy from stores that had no mention of Christmas. That is becoming harder to do as the years go by. When I do buy from such a story [sic] and an employee gives me the "happy holidays" treatment I simply say something like "No thanks for that - if you can't wish me a MERRY CHRISTMAS, don't say anything at all".

Posted by: a different bob at December 13, 2008 9:38 AM

Attaboy, Bob, because what better way to celebrate the birth of your Lord and Saviour than to reinforce the reputation of Christians as nasty, small-minded, intolerant, vile bigots?

And Bob wonders why his neighbours don't invite him to their backyard BBQs anymore. Think hard, Bob ... it'll come to you.

8 comments:

JJ said...

That comment thread is a classic. Full of the Christmas Spirit, aren't they, threatening to shoot out christmas lights that say "holidays", yelling at store clerks etc.

LMAO at Robert's comment: "We should imprison anyone who refuses to say Merry Christmas."

Unknown said...

It is Christmas time of course your going to have assorted nuts.

KEvron said...

snopes needs to investigate this "happy holidays" myth. it's right up there with spitting on returning soldiers.

KEvron

KEvron said...

and illiterate ones, too, wayne....

KEvron

Paladiea said...

If someone said some of that crap to me I'd be like... "New Years isn't a holiday?" Or, "I'm sorry, I must have had my psychic powers turned off! Of course you're a Christian!"

Then I'll wish them a Happy Economic Stimulus Day.

Frank Frink said...

Not bad, wayne. Extra point for effort.

But I was thinking more along the line of fruitcake. Re-gifted fruitcake.

This Is Me Posting said...

I can't find the CTV story on her site.

Maybe its just me...?

Metro said...

I wonder if "May the Great Old Ones eat you first" would be seen as an appropriate response?

Seriously--what the hell is a "secular Christian"?

My best guess is that it's someone who wants their particular cultural tradition granted perks and favours he or she would happily deny to someone else's cultural tradition.