Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Dear Canadian Forces: Keep us posted.


First, all of you need to go read this. And now, let me add a little to that.

I'm guessing Dave was being too politically careful to say it, so I'll come right out and suggest it -- if you're a member of the Canadian Forces and you've got something you want people to know and you're being "muzzled," then by all means drop Dave a line.

That's Dave at "The Galloping Beaver." E-mail: thegallopingbeaver@yahoo.ca. Send it as anonymously as you want, address it to Dave and let him know what news you'd like to get out there, and he'll do the rest.

It's a simple idea, really: If the Stephen Harper Party of Canada is going to control the message from the upper levels of the CF, then someone should give everyone else a way to be heard. And Dave, given his military background, is the obvious choice for that.

So drop Dave a line and fill him in, and he can inform the rest of us. Because, unlike Canada's neo-con fuckwits, we progressives actually do want to know what's going on without having it filtered by really, really stupid political hacks. 'Cuz that's just the way we roll, ya know?

7 comments:

M@ said...

At the risk of leaving a shameless plug on an otherwise, uh, also shameless blog... I've got some experience protecting the identities of our soldiers, and I'm more than willing to take the heat if there's something that needs to be said.

I'm pro-military, as you'll see on my book's site, and I'm only interested in helping to help and protect our guys in green.

Just sayin'... there are people out here, listening, and caring about the real picture, however it comes out. When our own boys' and girls' blood is on the line, the truth, good or bad, supersedes all partisanship, all politics.

I'm available at mattbin@gmail.com And the book is available, uh... everywhere important. (Don Cherry liked it!)

Dave said...

Heh! I believe I'll be needing a secretary. Interested in the job CC?

CC said...

m@: You're right, you're also a good conduit. I just wanted to narrow it down to a single target for information, and Dave has a fairly high profile so he seemed like the obvious choice.

Dave: Um ... no. :-)

M@ said...

Oh, sure keep the circle of liberal leftard hatred closed to... no, wait, I'm in the circle too, aren't I?

Woot!

E in MD said...

There's always Wikieleaks.org

Dave said...

Believe me m@ when the killicks and stripes start whispering I'll make sure you're getting the good stuff. :-)

The Seer said...

I'm surprised and chagrined that you would attempt to criticize Sandra's attempt to institute message discipline in the Canadian Forces. If, as we agreed yesterday, Sandra cannot depend on Ministers of the Crown adequately to articulate and defend government policy, how can she depend on common soldiers to do so?

By the way, I'm not sure of the numbers, but, what with the murder rate in Canada's largest city this year, isn't it more dangerous for members of the Canadian Forces posted to Toronto than to Afghanistan?