Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Ah, the Alberto Gonzales defense.


Quelle surprise:

OTTAWA — Three generals declared Wednesday that there was no mention of the word "torture" in reports from a senior diplomat who asserts that he repeatedly warned the government against surrendering Afghan detainees to local authorities because they would almost certainly be abused.

Take it away, Gonzo:



AFTERSNARK: Now that the Prime Minister, his immediate underlings and all three of those generals have disavowed any knowledge of this bad craziness, it's clear that the blame is simply being pushed further down the food chain until someone of little consequence is going to be thrown under a bus. Yes, someone's ass is going to be grass.


3 comments:

Jason said...

Who put lawyers in charge of the army and thought that was a good idea?

LuLu said...

Um ... Alberta Gonzales?

P.S. If I read the words "Identity Manager" and/or "OpenSSO Enterprise" one more time, I will not be responsible for my actions.

I just thought you all needed to know that.

P.P.S. I love my job.

CC said...

*Sigh* OK, fine, be that way. Fixed.