Tuesday, January 06, 2009

You know, I'm pretty sure I mentioned that once upon a time.


This sounds vaguely familiar:

Levi Johnston quits oil field job

PUBLIC SCRUTINY: Rules say he needs diploma for apprenticeship.

By WESLEY LOY
wloy@adn.com


Published: January 5th, 2009 11:06 PM
Last Modified: January 5th, 2009 11:57 PM

Levi Johnston, the boyfriend of Gov. Sarah Palin's daughter Bristol, has quit his North Slope oil field job over questions about his eligibility to work in an electrical apprenticeship program, Johnston's father said Monday...

In a Sunday newspaper column, Anchorage radio talk show host Dan Fagan questioned how Johnston could take part in ASRC's apprenticeship program without a high school diploma.

Fagan said he understood federal regulations require all members of apprenticeship programs to have a diploma.

I could swear I made that very point way back when, perhaps as a comment on a post. Lord, but it's tough being right all the time. But it's a cross I'm willing to bear for you folks.

You're welcome.

P.S. Still waiting for that shotgun wedding. I'm sure my invitation was just lost in the mail. Yeah, I'm sure that's it.

AFTERSNERK: There is just so much delightful dumbfuckery in that article. I like this bit:

When Levi realized last year that he and the governor's daughter Bristol were going to be parents -- Bristol gave birth to a baby boy on Dec. 27 -- Keith Johnston said he counseled his son to start work on a GED and to apply for jobs.

Good thinking. I mean, once you become a daddy, I agree that graduating high school and finding work should move up your list of priorities. But, hey, that's just me.

No comments: