Friday, January 09, 2009

Yesterday's gushy, nauseating, sycophantic hero worship is now inoperative.


Will someone please take away Magic Dolphin Lady's cocktail shaker?

BONUS SNERK: One of the wickedest smackdowns of Noonan's slobbery adoration of Republicans in general is, well, here:

[James Wolcott's] ''Attack Poodles'' is irresistible political entertainment from and for the left. It is a true sadistic pleasure to watch Wolcott exact revenge for the hours he has wasted watching the likes of Joe Scarborough, Michael Savage and Chris Matthews. A skilled hit man, Wolcott sharpens his instruments and takes his time in setting up a kill. In his assault on Peggy Noonan, he quotes a passage from her memoir, ''What I Saw at the Revolution,'' in which she waxed romantic about glimpsing one of the President Reagan's brown shoes. It was ''not a big foot, not formidable, maybe a little . . . frail,'' Noonan wrote. ''I imagine cradling it in my arms, protecting it from unsmooth roads.''

''His other foot,'' Wolcott writes, ''would just have to fend for itself.''

Sadly, Barack Obama's feet are on their own. I'm guessing they'll survive.

4 comments:

Ti-Guy said...

Cocktails, hell. That woman's been free-basing.

I thought the dolphin quackery was bad enough, but this foot thing...good Lord.

Frank Frink said...

The foot thing? I believe that's usually referred to as a fetish.

Ti-Guy said...

I don't think so. I think we're supposed to understand that she's talking about another of Reagan's appendages, but is too much of a lady to be so indelicate.

What am I saying? That interpretation makes her come off sane.

sooey said...

Maybe Peggy Noonan is the real reason Nancy Reagan slept with a gun under her pillow.