Saturday, January 26, 2008

Well I'll Be Danged...

In a stunning turn of cognitive dissonance, the National Poo has continued the week long silence regarding the terrible, awful problem of abortion, by posting something that isn't insane. Colby Cosh: Long Live Morgentaler! doesn't advocate for science fictional procedures or trumpet freeped polls and made up statistics. I suppose after yesterday's descent into the pits of idiocy, there was not much left to dredge from the crazy mines.

So hats off to Colby Cosh, a voice of reason alone in a crowd of jabbering loons.

UPDATE:

For a full dose of deranged, unintentional comedy, go have a peek at the comments on the Karen Selick piece from yesterday. If ever a person was determined to cling to the stupidest of ideas, her name would be Selick. The Post should be ashamed. I simply can't believe that she gets paid for being that daft.

3 comments:

CC said...

If I might paraphrase, trying to educate Karen Selick is like trying to teach a pig to sing -- it's a waste of time, and it annoys the pig.

Ti-Guy said...

Well, at least Karen Selick clarified her motivations for writing that piece of fantasy:

"Why do you spend so much energy shooting down a good idea instead of thinking of ways to make it work?"

See...she's the visionary...it's up to the rest of us to figure out how to turn her brilliant idea (which is not at all a technocratic nightmare) into reality.

LuLu said...

From Karen Selick's web site:
Weekdays: I am a lawyer with the firm Reynolds O'Brien LLP in Belleville, Ontario. My main areas of practice are matrimonial law, wills & estates and small business law. Recently, I have added collaborative family law to the mix and belong to the Quinte Collaborative Law Association.

Weekends: I am also a writer. From 1990 to 2006, I wrote the Back Page column in Canadian Lawyer magazine. From 2004 to 2007, I debated social conservative Michael Coren bi-weekly in The Western Standard. Since October, 2007 I have had a fortnightly column in The National Post. As well, I have contributed irregularly to a variety of other newspapers and magazines including The Globe and Mail, The Ottawa Citizen, The Vancouver Sun, Fraser Forum and The Freeman. My subjects are items of current interest, including recent court decisions. The political philosophy expressed in my writing is called "libertarian" or "classical liberal".


Actually, the political philosophy expressed in her writings should be called "classical, whiny bullshit" ... but what do I know?