Why, yes, if you click on the "Charter" link on that page, you do in fact get 404'ed ... if only there were some way to -- I don't know -- "search" for a page that related to the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms ... like this:
which, miraculously, takes you to a page about (wait for it ... wait for it ...) Canada's Charter of Rights and Freedoms:
I swear, if Ezra were any dumber, he'd be David Menzies.
AFTERSNARK: It is perpetually entertaining the way Ezra always accuses Justin Trudeau personally of all sorts of nefarious activity -- "Trudeau has deleted our Charter of Rights and Freedoms from the government's website" -- as if the Prime Minister has taken time out of his busy schedule to personally log into the gc.ca IT admin account and start editing hyperlinks just to screw with democracy. It would be funny if it weren't so pathetic.
WELL, THAT ESCALATED QUICKLY, as Ezra Levant's fanbois equate a broken link on the Government of Canada website with the murder of six million Jews:
Ezra's vulgar willingness to play the Holocaust would be an embarrassment to anyone still capable of being embarrassed. There's an especially horrific dimension to it when one considers Ezra's slobbering adoration for Donald Trump, and in particular such elements of Trumpism as:
- a brutalist "American First" policy
- the assertion of a divinely ordained, global leadership role for the United States
- contempt for lesser races, and in particular, a loathing for those of a particular Middle Eastern religion
- an almost psychotic assertion of transcendent personal expertise in matters military, diplomatic, scientific and economic
- a great fondness for military pomp and display, and a propensity for hysterical oratory before screaming, adoring crowds
- the prioritization of "loyalty" over expertise, obedience over competence, and bullying over leadership
Given Ezra's deep attraction to those traits as manifest in Trump, there's something a bit strange about his knee jerk evocation of "Gestapo! NAZIS!!" when cops reponsd to his provocation by actually enforcing the law. To be honest, I think if Ezra found himself in Berlin in the mid thirties, he'd feel right at home in brown shirt and shiny black boots.
"I swear, if Ezra were any dumber, he'd be David Menzies."
Twitter misses you, and I sure am glad I found your blog!
Post a Comment