Saturday, October 11, 2008

We're gonna not party like it's Yom Kippur.


In which some folks need to lighten up a little:

Riots have broken out in the mixed city of Acre, reportedly triggered when an Israeli Arab man drove his car during the Yom Kippur religious holiday.

Dozens of cars and shops were damaged as hundreds of people took to the streets, Haaretz newspaper reported.

... The Arab man was reportedly attacked by youths who said he was making noise intentionally, Haaretz said.

The Arab man is reported to have said he was simply driving to a property he owned in the eastern part of the city.

In unrelated news, Israel's Jews announced that the Mideast peace process would be more successful if everyone just learned how to be more tolerant and understanding. And if that didn't work, well, they have all those Apache helicopter gunships. If you catch my drift.

6 comments:

sooey said...

It's probably time again for the old "I know you are but what am I" Middle East peace negotiation tactic.

Dr.Dawg said...

What are you, some kind of anti-Semite? : )

mikmik said...

[sarcasm]Yeah, another vote for vigilante justice and the right to carry arms.[/sarcasm]

sooey said...

Oops. You're right, Doc. I forgot {{{Hugs, Israel}}} at the end of my post. Damn. I suppose I can't even run for Trustee now.

Ti-Guy said...

You'll be lucky to be still illegible to purchase a bus pass, Eva Braun.

sooey said...

Grr. That will be seven Heil Hit... er, I mean, Hail Marys for you, young man!