Saturday, January 14, 2006

In hindsight, that PB decision is looking better all the time.


Once upon a time (OK, not that long ago), I bailed on my membership in the Progressive Bloggers of Canada for the simple reason that I couldn't see sharing my membership with this dipstick, who seemed happy to redefine "progressive" to include know-nothing, fundamentalist, pseudo-scientific inanity.

"Oh. come on," I was chastised, "that's just one guy. You're going to let one guy drive you out of PB?" Well, now there's two.

Meet Derek Richards of the PB blog "Words Without Walls," who can't wait to see a free vote on Bill C-38. Yes, nothing says "progressive" like wanting to strip a segment of Canadian society of their fundamental rights.

Suddenly, I'm feeling way more at ease with my decision.

1 comment:

Derek Richards said...

don't worry, I'm sure the votes in Ontario and Quebec will send more progressive votes to the house. that was my point.