Thursday, October 14, 2021

Looking for Mr. Goodfarm.

In order to verify one way or the other whether Lloydminster's Patrick Ross inherited a chunk of valuable farmland but signed it over to a relative to conceal it from me, I am arranging for a land title search, but I am doing it in a very specific way.

Since we believe that said land is not in Patrick's name (anymore), there is no point doing the search based on his name, as we assume it will turn up nothing. Rather, I am arranging to search based on the names of all of his siblings, since it only makes sense that hiding that property from me would be easiest by just transferring its title to a sibling. (And, yes, I have the names of all of Patrick's siblings, but I will keep them to myself for privacy reasons.)

In addition, I am going one step further. As I have been told, one of those siblings is the person who actually lives on that property, and that sibling has a son (whose name I know), so I will be expanding the search to include that person (Patrick's nephew). Even the basic information coming from such a land title search should tell me the location of the property, and whether the nephew (who was not one of the grandkids to have inherited) is one of the registered owners, which would pretty much give away the game.

I have already ordered such a land title search, so I have nothing to do but wait for the results.

1 comment:

RossOwesDay said...

Interesting. Presumably once you locate the property, you can go through archived information regarding the history of the property? Then, you could see if and when ownership was transferred from Twatrick Ross to his relative.

These ridiculous Ross Family capers make Conrad Black look like a master white-collar criminal.