Thursday, October 14, 2021

Chronicles of Twatrick: How this could have been over years ago.

While I wait for a multi-core compile to finish, here's a story I have never mentioned regarding Lloydminster's Patrick Ross and how inexpensively he could have escaped from being an undischarged bankrupt and currently owing me in the vicinity of $120,000.

It was back in mid-2010 that my then-lawyer, after properly filing a Statement of Claim against Patrick for malicious defamation, was waiting for Patrick to respond within his allowed 40-day window with a Statement of Defence. Note well that this was before I got my judgment against him so Patrick still had time to salvage the situation.

More specifically, on instruction from me, my lawyer had suggested to Patrick that since we were in the early stages of litigation, my legal fees were still relatively low (less than $10,000), and if Patrick would simply retract his grotesque defamation of me, apologize publicly, remove all of that crap from social media, and cover my legal fees up to that point, I'd be satisfied and we could put all this ugliness behind us and move on.

I'll say that again so there is no misunderstanding: In mid-2010, Patrick was given the opportunity to make all this go away for significantly less than $10,000 and a grovelling apology.

However, rather than appreciate the inexpensive exit I was offering, Patrick did what Patrick always does -- he "blar har har'ed" about how I had no case, and I was bluffing, and how he was going to report my lawyer to the Law Society of Upper Canada for something like harassment or unprofessionalism or whatever.

And that is how we got to where we are today, with Patrick having spent the last several years in bankruptcy, yet still now owing me well over $100,000, and me now filing papers to seize every fucking thing he owns, probably including valuable farmland that I've been told he is trying to hide from me by having signed it over to a close relative so it doesn't show up in his name.

And that is how Patrick was given the chance to make all this go away years ago. In case you cared.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patrick has acted like this tough macho conservative for years - and seemed emboldened during the Harper years trying to pick "online" fights with everyone.
He always seems to be wrong but would double-down and claim "victory" with the use of emoticons.
He was and is typical of the intellectual vapidity of the right-wing movement.
Like most petulant children, they think they can push and act without consequences. Normally that is what happens.

Except this time.
And yes, I'm glad to read about it having been "bullied" by Twatsy.

RossOwesDay said...

So...

Twatsy could have settled for

$0: If he just deleted numerous defamatory blogs about you. He had months to do this.

<$10,000: If he settled with you for your modest legal fees in early stages of litigation.

$34,000: If he abided by the terms of his cowardly bankruptcy, which reduced his debts from $85,000 to $34,000.

$34,000: If he settled with you after getting kicked out of bankruptcy after long-term non-compliance. You made him a very generous offer to get out of this at that point.

$85,000: If he paid the judgment immediately and did not declare bankruptcy.

$120,000 (and counting): What Twatsy actually did.

And ALL of this for the great fun of writing a bunch of later forcibly deleted defamatory blog posts about you. Hope it was worth it, Twatsy.

You could throw the entire Ross family into a Winnebago, and throw Sheila Gunn Reid and Carol Ross's corpse in there for good measure, and the cumulative IQ still wouldn't crack triple digits.

CC said...

ROD: The above is effectively accurate.