Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Chronicles of Twatrick: The legal has landed!

The relevant parts of what just landed in my mailbox:



That would be the official notification that my judgment is now registered in Saskatchewan, and that Patrick now owes me additional costs for this application of $3,000 to be paid "forthwith." That is, of course, on top of what he owes me for the original 2010 Ontario judgment for malicious defamation:



The proper paperwork for Saskatchewan sheriffs for purposes of collection enforcement is being prepared as we speak.

P.S. It is worth noting the subtle distinction here wherein Patrick spends all his time howling and screaming and bloviating threats at people online, promising what he's going to do and, ooooooooh, just you wait, he knows his lawz and there's going to be a notice and he'll tweet about it, you just see if he doesn't ... whereas I, through an actual and legitimate lawyer, simply keep stuffing Patrick into a smaller and smaller box.

See how that works?

P.P.S. Apparently, the way the collection process works is that, once the Saskatchewan sheriffs get to my case and begin proceedings against Patrick, they will bill me (actually, my SK lawyer) for their time, and that cost is passed on to me via standard disbursements which I will pay, but all of that is simply added to what Patrick owes me. So, yes, Patrick will eventually end up footing the bill for the collection proceedings that are taking all his assets.

That seems only fair.

4 comments:

RossOwesDay said...

Great news! Cynic, I think you deserve the Order of Canada for laying the smack down on one Patrick "Twatsy" Ross.

Does this also mean that the 5% interest rate kicks in on the judgment? Any chance that 5% could be applied retroactively, since Twatsy's been living in Saskatchewan for most of the last decade?

CC said...

As explained to me, the increase in interest rate from 2% to 5% kicks in once the judgment is registered in SK so, basically, today. Or possibly later this week once the paperwork is sent to the courthouse. In any event, it starts now.

Anonymous said...

Regarding your PPS: Given that Patrick will be bearing the costs, I'd suggest that if your cash flow permits, you should hire the most expensive litigator you can find and tell them to spare no expense.

CC said...

Anon: Nice idea, but what I meant was that he would be bearing the full costs of the *collection process*, via bills to come from the Saskatchewan sheriffs. That has nothing to do with legal fees.