Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Who is Blogging Tory "CanadianSense"? Yes, I want to know.


*Sigh*. I hate this. Seriously, I really, really hate this. But there comes a point where one stops being Mr. Nice Guy and goes on the offense.

Apparently, sock puppet, useful idiot, harassing cyber-stalker and Blogging Tory "CanadianSense" has decided to move into my comments section and set up shop, for no other reason than to leave comments along the lines of, "Blar har har! Stupid, coward leftard! Blar har har!" And even after it's been made clear that he(?) is not welcome here, his harassment continues unabated. So here's the deal, but make sure you read all the way to the end. There are rules.

I want to know who CanadianSense is. The works. Everything. Name. Address. Place of work. All of it. Because it seems that, if CS (as I will refer to him from now on) has chosen to make himself comfortable in my comments section, then it seems only fair that we be on a more intimate, first-name basis, wouldn't you say?

Now let me emphasize that, ordinarily, I couldn't possibly care less about the identity of another of Stephen Taylor's drooling sycophants. But CS has decided to make this personal by dropping in and acting like a petulant cretin, and dropping his steaming turds where the rest of my readership is trying to have a conversation. And that's where my civility ends.So if he insists on sticking around, then it's only fair that we be able to chat with him face to face (or name to name, as it were). Which brings me back to my original request -- I want to know who this person is. But here are the rules, and they're important.

Whatever you discover, do not, under any circumstances, leave it in the comments section here. Anything you learn is for my eyes only, and you shall e-mail it to me, where I will keep it appropriately private. And if CS (wisely) decides to bugger off, then I will consider the matter closed, none of that information sees the light of day, and we all move on.

On the other hand, if CS chooses to stick around and annoy all of us, I will consider that implicit permission on his part that I am free to post whatever I learn about him wherever and however I please.

As a head start, what we (allegedly) know about CS from his profile is that he is based in Oakville, and that he's in marketing. And if CS takes the hint and pisses off, that's all you'll ever learn here. But if he elects to continue to make an ass of himself, then I will use what information I get to level the playing field. For example, it would be interesting to see how well CS's career in marketing goes once it gets out that he's a creepy, harassing, abusive cyber-stalker with a disturbingly violent streak. But I get ahead of myself.

So, one more time -- if he hits the road, then this is over and we all get on with life and do what we do best, which is to mock the intellectually less gifted. If he chooses to stay, then I introduce him to the world.

Does that sound fair? I think it sounds fair. Now go forth, and let me know what you find. I'll be right here.

P.S. Just to be clear, I have never read CS's blog, I've never commented over there and -- to the best of my knowledge -- I've never even linked to him (I could be wrong, but my regular readers can testify that he's not a regular target for mockery). So CS's assholishness is entirely self-driven. I just wanted to make sure you knew that.

SLIGHT CHANGE IN RULES
: It's been brought to my attention that the only reason CanadianSense has been relentlessly commenting here and insulting people is because he's been egged on by one Patrick Ross. So I'm going to adjust the conditions ever so slightly.

If Patrick comments here again, I will post CanadianSense's personal information online. That seems only fair since CS wouldn't even be here but for Patrick. I'll let those two work it out how they'd like to handle this.

29 comments:

Dr.Dawg said...

Oakville, eh?

Funny, there's another blogger who lives there, and I have his name, address, place of work--the whole shmeer. I dropped a hint at his place, and he doesn't mess with me anymore. All very polite, if not amicable.

I think the collective will be successful in tracking down your troll-stalker. The sooner the better. They hate the light.

Oxford County Liberals said...

He's been making it a habit of dropping off his calling cards at various Liberal/Progressive blogs (yours truly included) as well as the Macleans blogs comments section in response to any of us who leave a comment there excoriating the Harper government.

CC said...

And normally, Scott, what he does elsewhere (short of actual libel and/or defamation) concerns me not in the slightest.

But since he chooses to spew his stupidity here in my place of discourse, I'd like to know who I'm dealing with. And I think my readers deserve the same right.

Ti-Guy said...

Just to be clear, I have never read CS's blog, I've never commented over there and -- to the best of my knowledge -- I've never even linked to him.

Same here. I had to abandon one of my favourite blogs last week because of his toxic presence...everywhere.

I fully support what you're doing. I don't know anything about any anonymous commenter, however (I've made it a point of never wanting to know anything either, since this isn't real life and these people are just avatars), but enough's enough.

I dropped a hint at his place, and he doesn't mess with me anymore. All very polite, if not amicable.

Hmm...I know who you're talking about, Dawg (and the thought did occur to me a while back). I hope you share some of that with CC.

CC said...

Just to be painfully clear one more time, I don't give a crap what these people write elsewhere. But I've tried very hard to keep an open comments section, up to the point where a small number of people have taken advantage of that to just set up shop here and heap abuse on everyone else comment after comment. And that's where I draw the line.

And if CanadianSense wants to keep doing that, then I'm going to make sure he does it associated with his real name. That decision is entirely his.

double nickel said...

And right on cue, patrickthetroll shows up with some fresh steamy droppings of his own.

CC said...

Deleted. But it just occurred to me to tweak my rules just a bit -- if Patrick continues to drop by, I will post CS's info online.

Since Patrick's the one who's been egging CS on, that seems only fair, wouldn't you say?

Patrick and CS can talk this one out.

Ti-Guy said...

Just to be painfully clear one more time, I don't give a crap what these people write elsewhere.

Unless it turns out to be an issue of sock-puppetry or another type of fraud/misrepresentation, in which case it does matter what they write elsewhere.

Not that it should matter to you personally, but to a diverse community of people who are trying to talk to each other in good faith, while still trying to maintain pseudonymous commenting policies and avoiding having to opt for registration, comment moderation and comment section baby-sitting.

If these right wing proto-fascists, predators and pests find the pickings among the echo chambers that have been set up and hermetically sealed just for them too slim, well that's just too bad.

Lastly, sociopaths shouldn't be allowed to have Internet connections at all, but then, I digress...

Patrick Ross said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CC said...

Thanks for stopping by, Patrick. So when someone hands me CanadianSense's identity and I post it, he'll know that he has you to thank for that. Why am I not surprised that you casually tossed him under the bus when you had no further use for him?

Patrick Ross said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sparky said...

I have a good idea for Patrick--how about going on a research binge (since that appears to be something you like to do) and find all the New York Times (or other newspaper websites) posted links to your little blog...
And compare and contrast that to... well, you can see where this is going...
Commenting here?? Any traffic generated to your little blog is good traffic, eh Patrick? No matter how dumb you look? Is that where you're going with this??
Yeah, keep on storming the castle, Patrick. You must like getting your ass handed to you over and over and over again...

Ti-Guy said...

Maybe CC should modify that last bit; due to Patrick refusing to modify his own behaviour, he will pass on the information to someone who *will* post it.

CC said...

Sure, I'm good with that. Normally, I would never punish one person for the actions of another, but I've confirmed that CanadianSense was only here because he was being continually encouraged by Mr. Ross. And Mr. Ross has himself confirmed that he doesn't give a crap about CS.

I'd say that all works out nicely.

Patrick Ross said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
liberal supporter said...

ROTFL

Sure, Sparkles
.
My my, it looks like PR is using the same 12268876306800933642 blogger id that he used to impersonate Sparky!

I guess PR under blogger ID 04592482865332628189 is too cowardly to show up here now. Next he'll impersonate CS to stir the pot some more. He sock puppets you know.

What a silly buffoon! Hahahahahahaha!

Lindsay Stewart said...

tata splatrick. off you go...

KEvron said...

this is ridiculous. get some fucking haloscan already, and enough with the threats.

KEvron

LuLu said...

this is ridiculous. get some fucking haloscan already, and enough with the threats.

Seconded!

Hi KEv ;)

Sparky said...

Yeah, the guy bitches and moans about the 'clown car brigade' and 'sock puppets' and yet has the audacity to post using 'Sparky'.
See, as usual, IOKIYPR
Jackass.

liberal supporter said...

IOKIYPR.
Ladies and Gentlemen, Sparky wins the thread!

Patrick Ross said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CC said...

KEvron:

Yes, switching to Haloscan commenting would give me filtering ability, but it would (as I understand it) cost me all of the comments ever left here on all of the articles. And I don't see why I should have to lose years worth of reader feedback because of one mouthy asshole.

CC said...

Ah, the Twatsitude of it all. While I've taken to simply deleting comments from Mr. Ross, I believe I deleted one prematurely but since it was also e-mailed to me, I reproduce it here in all its mullet-headed splendour:

The ironic thing about that is that there was a verifiably fake "Neo" poking around
the internet at one point, and everyone fully knows that a member of the Clowncar
Brigade was behind it.

So, Sparkles, you can keep getting all weepy if you want. I've never been the
slightest bit phased by it, and that simply isn't going to change.


Why, yes, I remember that incident -- someone impersonating Blogging Tory and necrophiliac "Neo Conservative." I also remember condemning that sort of thing in no uncertain terms, making it abundantly clear that trying to pass yourself off as another well-established commenter was unacceptably sleazy.

I just tried to find where I wrote that some time back but since I think I wrote it as a comment, it won't be trackable through the normal Blogger search feature. If anyone runs across it, leave a link here just so no one needs to take my word for it.

The point, of course, is that Twatrick once again goes off blustering and screeching and drooling about behaviour that I have explicitly condemned. But, hey, we're all used to Twatsy being a pathological liar so it surprises us not at all. And he will continue to impersonate other legitimate commenters in the blogosphere and defend his actions with, "But ... but ... but ... other people!

It's the kind of useless, lying hack that Patrick Ross is.

Patrick Ross said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CC said...

Bye, Twatsy. What part of "take a hint" continues to elude you?

KEvron said...

"it would (as I understand it) cost me all of the comments ever left here on all of the articles"

not if you fiddle with the html a bit. not exactly sure how i did it, but i added haloscan instead of replacing blogger's comment protocol, then i turned off the blogger commenting....somehow (i don't think it's something i did to the settings; i do have it set for "new posts do not have comments", but switching back to "have comments" has no effect, so it must be something i did to the template code. maybe i deleted a line of code from the template. all a blur, four years later).

all of my posts prior to 2/21/06 (pre-haloscan) still retain their original blogger comments, so it is do-able.

KEvron

KEvron said...

....try it on a test blog. create a new blog, add some test comments for archiving, then add haloscan and mess with the template code and the settings a bit. if i could do it....

KEvron

Dr.Dawg said...

I wish you'd been my friend back thgen. My very first comment evah was from a frantically annoyed Kathy Shaidle! Vintage, I tell you, and by now well-aged.

Merry Christmas,all.