Saturday, April 18, 2009

Saturday Morning Cartoons.




Mmmmmm .... coffee. I really can't stress enough how much I love it, I'm not entirely sure how people get through life without it. Especially when it's a lovely pot of Tanzanian roast from the 10,000 Villages near my office -- the perfect start on grey rainy mornings like this.

I have to admit that I've cut back on my coffee addiction. Instead of 5 or 6 cups (read mugs and big ones at that), I now have only 2 or 3 with a couple of cups of green tea later in the day. I've suffered from insomnia for years -- I'm incapable of turning my brain off at times -- and this seems to be helping.

I'm curious ... coffee or tea? Which do you prefer?

6 comments:

Romantic Heretic said...

I prefer coffee. Something about the richer taste that appeals to me.

I wish I could afford the fancy stuff like you. I'd like a new percolator as well.

Romantic Heretic said...

Adding another comment.

One of my all time favorites. *grin*

sassy said...

Coffee, like you I must have it, at least a few cups first thing in the AM.

Tea - pots of it (homemade not-too-sweet-iced) in the hot weather, but even then, always coffee in the AM.

RH - check out the thrift shops for used coffee makers. I picked up a great clean used one a few weeks ago for under $10. Marked price of exactly the same coffee maker in stores is $60. I was even able to go the the manufactures website and download the manual.

Chimera said...

Mmmmmm...coffee, definitely, in the morning. Two large cups. Not Tarbucks!

That Tanzania roast you have -- is that a peaberry? Wonderful coffee, that!

Oh, and if you really need to turn off your brain at times, you could consider joining the BTs. I hear they give classes for those people for whom it doesn't happen automatically...*snerk*

Unknown said...

Tea, no question. I love the smell of good coffee brewing, but the taste from my perspective is merely an average thing, rather than a taste treat. Gave the stuff up some years ago, don't really miss it particularly.

Cameron Campbell said...

Coffee. Espresso based. At least 2 before 10am.

I'm living in New Zealand now and the coffee here is as near to a religious experience taht someone like me is ever going to have.