Monday, January 26, 2009

Yeah, funny story ...


Does anyone else find it odd that Israel can, on the one hand, defend lobbing shells into crowded civilian areas by claiming that they have GPS and they can be incredibly precise and avoid massive civilian casualties because of their wicked cool, super-duper, high-tech accuracy yet, at the same time, dismiss wild misses that wipe out numerous citizens by saying, well, hey, shit happens, you know, we just missed, our bad. Come on, folks, you can't have it both ways.

Oh, wait, this is Israel -- they can always have it both ways.

3 comments:

Red Tory said...

"Nobody's perfect" seems to be the rationale that I get on this point.

thwap said...

I thought about that precise logic in the case of Major Paeta Hess-von Kruedener.

If the technology is accurate, these killings are deliberate. If the technology is erratic, then civilian deaths (or UN forces' deaths) are likely and the carelessness is deliberate.

Anonymous said...

Those fuckwads murdered HVK, of that, there is no doubt in my mind. I knew HVK well, he trained me, and I miss him.