Sunday, December 16, 2007

Excuse me?


You know, if I were a better person I’d let this go. But I think we’ve all gotten to know each other quite well in this past week ... so you really can’t be surprised that I'm not gonna.

When last we left BT Sara at “Choice for childcare” she was being duped by the Daily Mash. I took it upon myself to point this out which generated some discussion in the comments that maybe I was too hard on Sara.

Sara finally realized her mistake and posted the following in her comments section:

Ok it was just after 6 am on a friday morning, I was tired lol.

For which I gave her due credit and that seemed to be that.

But, and you knew there was a but coming, Sara has since added the following to her latest post (emphasis all mine):

An update on my blunder in the post below.

CC of Canadian Cynic decided to nail me for being stupid on the last post. He actually accuses me of hating working moms everywhere. Though I'm constantly defending all working parents he still sees me as a working mom hater. CC, next time you want to nail me, please do it with something a bit more useful than a screw up just because I was tired. Fact was I thought it was real and it wasn't. I don't apologize for what I said about the mother, just for my brain fart on thinking it was real. My post will not come down or even be fixed, RT caught it I accepted it and people can read it. Maybe you haven't noticed but some of us are human.
Seriously buddy as for your watching my blog all day to see if I caught myself in a blunder, I'm still chuckling over that one. Did you not have to pee at least once or did you hold it in real tight in hopes I might return so you could get your willies off?


Where to begin? First of all, I wrote the post, not CC so try to keep up, mmmmkay? Second, and this really is the best part, since the Daily Mash article was about a study that wasn’t, you know, real, odds are pretty good that the mother referenced in it wasn’t real either. But Sara still manages to miss this.

Holy tap-dancing Jesus, this is why I had such an issue with her in the first place. She’s still in full holier-than-thou mode over an imaginary mother.

P.S. If I were a tiny, petty little person like your average BT, for example, I could point out that the time stamp on her original post is 9:53 am not "just after 6 am". But I'm really not so I won't.

14 comments:

KEvron said...

"Ok it was just after 6 am on a friday morning, I was tired lol."

perhaps sara should wait until she's in a proper state of mind before she takes up her daily grind of unfairly slagging her opponents....

KEvron

Sir Francis said...

...so you could get your willies off?

Is it appropriate for a BT to talk about "willies"? I thought they valued family-friendly blogs over there.

...the time stamp on her original post is 9:53 am not "just after 6 am".

She may have spent four hours writing the post, as she no doubt took "willies-offing" breaks throughout the composition...

Sara said...

Lulu,

Times on the blog are always written differently.

As for you giving me credit, thanks I think...
You still accused me of shitting on all working moms. Then called me a prissy , finger wagger and shamelessly stole an article.
Did you expect me to role over and play dead?

As for calling you CC, who's to say you are not him.

Sorry, but my alter ego tells me I can't play with you. It is possible neither of us are the bigger person. So In the spirit of two wrongs don't make a right, I shall listen to my alter ego and walk.

Thanks for the laughs.

Sir Isaac,

No one said I couldn't play with you.
I get my willies off with real people, not sitting in front of a computer. Nor do I have to pay someone to get my willies off with either, oooo did I say that.

Sir Francis said...

Sara:

Nor do I have to pay someone to get my willies off with either...

I don't have to pay for it, but I often do--keeps things simple. Plus, as a married man, I wouldn't want to bang someone with whom I had some kind of real relationship; it would feel too much like cheating...

LuLu said...

Trust me, I wrote the post. So your whole reverse chauvinistic "barefoot and pregnant" cliche, while completely unimaginative, really doesn't apply.

And your whole addendum about How do you get I hate all working moms everywhere out of me calling her for what she was (mind you if the story was real) ... nice try on clouding the issue.

That's an awfully high horse you're on, Sara. Don't be surprised if someone armed with actual facts comes along and takes the time to call bullshit.

Sara said...

The comment stands even if you are a women (which we have no proof of). I find lately both sides want us barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen if we don't agree with them. So whether you have a penis or not you are showing signs of chauvinism.

Sorry not clouding fact. The post was written as I believed it was true at the time.

Don't worry darling or dude, you know what they say about riding horses. If you fall off get back on and keep riding.

Sir Francis said...

...get back on and keep riding.

Now, are you going to have to pay for that, or do you have someone handy who's willing to be ridden for free?

Sara said...

Isaac,

Why do you think I need to advocate for income splitting, I have to pay for some things you know!

LuLu said...

The post was written as I believed it was true at the time.

And the fact that you did is what makes me think it just reinforced your world view. You jumped on this so-called "study" like a fat kid on a smartie when 2 minutes on Google would've pointed out the glorious snark that is the Daily Mash.

You got burnt now own it. Or are you too busy twisting the issues while suggesting that I'm actually CC in disguise?

Rev.Paperboy said...

Sara, we have no proof that you are female either, in fact, above, you claimed to have a willie, so lets not bother going there, shall we?

LuLu said...

Dear rev:

You had me at willie ...

Sara said...

Lulu,

Actually I didn't go through google to find it, a friend sent it to me. Therefore I assumed it was accurate. Yes, I got burned on not being of sound mind when I read it. Either way it was my fault and I took ownership of it.

When you do truly burn me, I'll be the first to let you know.

rev,
I don't blog under two names now do I. Think of me as a man or women, I don't care.

E in MD said...

Times on the blog are always written differently.

By Blogger Sara, at 4:32 PM


That's SUCH a great excuse. I'll have to remember that the next time I get caught being a wanker on my blog. "I was half asleep. It was 6am. Nevermind that the timestamp said 9am. It's obviously the fault of the universe for not being 6am."


Oh and Bah, conservatives don't have willies. They reproduce asexually.

sharonapple88 said...

Sara: "I find lately both sides want us barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen if we don't agree with them. So whether you have a penis or not you are showing signs of chauvinism."

Me: Actually, wouldn't the stereotype be the feminist would want the woman out working nine-to-five as a wage slave, whereas the stay-at-home mom would want the other person to be barefoot and in the kitchen?

The funny thing, though, is that you're being nailed for a factual mistake, not on your opinion.

As for chavinism... welcome to Canadian Cynic country. Everyone gets the same treatment.