Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I'm sure the hilarity is unintentional.


Blogging Tory "the lotusland soapbox" deigns to lecture us on political gender equality:

Take THAT, Affirmative Action!

In spite of no quotas, the Conservatives elect more women candidates (and a higher percentage) than any other party.

As I said when Dion came out with the quota idea, it's about quality, not quantity.

Maybe it's just me, but when I hear the names Rona Ambrose, Cheryl Gallant, Helena Guergis and Bev Oda, "quality" isn't the first word that leaps to mind.

Yeah, I'm sure it's just me.

2 comments:

Ti-Guy said...

I left this comment over there:

In spite of no quotas, the Conservatives elect more women candidates (and a higher percentage) than any other party.

*sigh* Conservatives and math. The Conservatives didn't elect women at a higher percentage than any other party. It has the lowest percentage of women:

Bloc - 15 (30.0% of caucus)
Conservative - 23 (16.1% of caucus)
Liberal - 18 (23.7% of caucus)
NDP - 12 (32.4% of caucus)

I remember Conservatives saying this the last election about women as well.

It really is true that assertions grounded in evidence escape them.

Beijing York said...

LOL, they are willfully ignorant or liars. I also agree that their roster of female talent is seriously lacking.