Monday, April 09, 2007

Whoopsie.


From the Department of "Man, that was bad timing," we have two of the BT's lesser lights probably wishing they could have that one over:

About that spring offensive...

Weren't we supposed to be losing a bunch of soldiers by now?

Well, uh ... yeah, Jarrett ... now that you mention it ...

DEAR ANONYMOUS COMMENTER
: Just so you know, there's a limit to even my patience, which is why I deleted that comment of yours that was so hideously fucking stupid that I don't even want it associated with my blog.

If you have something even remotely intelligent to say, feel free to say it. But don't be bringing that asinine and thoroughly unjustified sarcasm in here. All you're doing is making me embarrassed of my species. And if I need that, I'll just go read the Blogging Tories, thanks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This whole Afghanistan adventure leaves me confused and stressed (not nearly as much as our troops I'm sure) and convinced that we are, if not actually being lied to, given very little of the story, even by the twice-sainted CBC. I keep writing my MP, encouraging him to ask questions, but alas my MP is Jack Layton and he is stuck with the party line.
CBC seems to have lined up with the Cheerleaders recently. Thanks for helping support the troops, guys, but I would really like somebody to ask some questions, like what happened to the Guinness Book of World Records opium crop that was harvested over 5 months ago (I know - it went to Europe) and more cogently, the money it generated. Second opium related question; what is the Canadian Afghan Force's relationship with the drug policy the United States is trying to enforce in Afghanistan - are we helping this policy? Ignoring it?
Something else I haven't seen anybody examine - if we are going to lease Leopard II tanks from Germany, is this just a way to get around Parliament and the requirement to put a major capital purchase out to bid?
Oh, and what if the IED that killed our six guys turns out to have beed a shaped charge? Does this mean Iran is helping the Taliban (oh man, even typing that down, it's wrong in so many ways).
Sorry to ramble, but I have the feeling that everybody wants to forget how complicated and dangerous this whole Afghan mission is.
Oh, and by the way, back many years ago, when I was in the militia, I ran across a manual for sappers that include instructions for do-it-youself shaped charges.