Monday, September 20, 2021

Yeah, about Ezra's 2016 defamation suit against me ...

... given that my anti-SLAPP motion against Ezra didn't work out (and don't get me started on the hideous incompetence and stupidity of every level of the Ontario judiciary), yes, we are in fact going to trial sometime in the next several years, and I will have a great deal to say about this over the upcoming months, but I thought I would start with this delightful nugget straight from Ezra himself.

One of the primary drivers behind Ezra's action against me was his claim that I defamed him by insisting that donors to his 2016 Fort Mac fundraiser were not eligible for charitable tax receipts, for the simple reason that neither Ezra nor Rebel News was a CRA-registered charity. Ezra insisted that that claim of mine was maliciously defamatory and proceeded to sue.

Fast forward to 2021, whereupon Ezra -- bragging about how partnering with the mysterious "Democracy Fund" allows donors to get charitable tax receipts -- openly admits:




So, to summarize, after suing me for pointing out that Rebel News is not entitled to dispense charitable tax receipts, Ezra subsequently proceeds to publicly admit that ... Rebel News is not entitled to dispense charitable tax receipts.

Are you still wondering about my low opinion of the Ontario judiciary?

No comments: