Friday, October 23, 2009

The Failure To Learn Department

The utterly discredited Canadian Blorg Awards are threatening to waste stray pixels again this year. As per usual they've leapt into their efforts tone deaf, blinkered and stunned. Yet again they've plonked feminist blogs in with GLBT blogs because after all, they're the same thing. Right?

If you're of a mind to have at windmills, by all means go and yell at them. Be aware that they are as hidebound, stubborn and stupid as they come and all of the common sense in the world will not penetrate. Still, sometimes it is fun just to yell at the dummies. And with the the likes of Raphelxander McNadrian gracing their committee, you're guaranteed dummies will be in ready supply.

Please, don't bother nominating this blog or the writers from here for these awards. We'll decline nominations or prizes. If they can't see their way clear to recognizing our sister blogs, we'd rather they weren't looking our way either.

6 comments:

Alison said...

"Another change that those of us that are more politically active have probably noticed is: where are the best conservative, progressive, Non-partisan, and feminist blogs?

They have been removed"


lolsy, lolsy, lolsy

Ti-Guy said...

...where are the best conservative, progressive, Non-partisan, and feminist blogs?

They have been removed"


I agree with this.

With very few exceptions, most political blogs just aren't that good.

liberal supporter said...

I'm not sure why, but I have not yet received my notification that I am the winner of Canada's Bestest Blog.

After all, I should be declared the winner right now. I have great potential to turn my little locker into an actual blog, and to make it the greatest blog. Plus, I'm not George Bush.

So where is my prize?
And my pony?

Lindsay Stewart said...

"...where are the best conservative, progressive, Non-partisan, and feminist blogs?

They have been removed"

They removed a category that wasn't even there. Perhaps I have underestimated the cunning of these individuals.

Saskboy said...

Did you miss a year? Last years' CBAs had the category you said we didn't have.

The byline for GLBT was wrong due to a copy paste error, no malicious intent, honest. It's been corrected.

sooey said...

Omigawd, you should have a category for the "Blog With the Most Malicious Intent", Saskboy!

If I was running this thing, I'd have a category for the "Best Boycotter of the Canadian Blog Awards". I even wrote an acceptance speech for the winner: "Boycotters rool! Participants drool! See you next year, suckers!"

Feel free to rip it off.