Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Of anonymity and assholes, and justice eventually served.


Back here, in a fit of pique, I threatened to take a thoroughly annoying and persistent commenter and, if he did not fuck right off, hang him out to dry by blowing his cover. Luckily, saner heads (ie., everyone but me) prevailed and I was counseled to take a deep breath and back away from the keyboard. Which I did, and we moved on but, oh my, such amusing things have happened in the meantime.

First, as you may have noticed, the annoyance has returned but that's what the comment deletion feature is for and, yes, it may be time to move to Haloscan.

And then there's this. Aw ... poor baby. I guess even Wordpress has its limits in terms of patience and hate speech. (Blogger, sadly, has no such limits, which suggests it's way past time to move to Wordpress as well.) But, wait, we're not done.

Amusingly, even before I'd had the time to calm down, I had received, from a little birdie via e-mail, what appears to be the information I was seeking -- that is, a town and a name. And if that information is accurate, it turns out that "outing" said fool would have had little effect since he is, by all accounts, quite well known as a raving anti-Semite and white supremacist, so publishing that personal info would probably have accomplished nothing but giving him more publicity. But I think I'll keep my options open, just to be on the safe side.

And, now, back to smacking around Canada's cementheaded, shrieking retards Blogging Tories.

2 comments:

Ti-Guy said...

...by all accounts, quite well known as a raving anti-Semite and white supremacist...

Ok, which Conservative MP was it?

Frank Frink said...

Ti-Guy, trust me on this. There are things more rockheaded dumber than a sack of doorknobs, and scarier, than a Conservative MP. Really!