Sunday, December 17, 2006

Time's "Person of the Year." Totally fucking lame.


And just when you thought Time magazine couldn't get any more right-wing, neo-con, butt-kissing irrelevant, along comes their 2006 "Person of the Year" award.

Given that their own online survey had Venezuelan leader Hugo Chavez running away with the public voting at 35%, followed by Iran's Mahmoud Ahmadinejad at 21%, Nancy Pelosi at 12%, the YouTube guys at 11% and George W. Bush doing no better than being tied with Al Gore at 8%, Time takes a courageous stand and gives the award to ... you.

That's right -- you. Because giving it to any of the survey leaders would have caused freepers' heads to explode all across the land.

Wankers. Total, freaking wankers.

6 comments:

Paladiea said...

Me? OMFG YES! I've been waiting my whole life to be recognized by the glorified toilet paper that is Time.

Anonymous said...

You like me, you really like me! I would like to thank all the little people who made this possible. Thank you, thank you. Where do I go to collect the award? (This is sooooo lame...I would have voted for Chavez)

Anonymous said...

So it really is all about me. I mean, us.

M@ said...

Was Kim Jong-Il even in the running? I think he's had more effect on world events than anyone else this year. It's not every year a rogue state joins the nuclear club.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, lets pretend that "We" own MySpace and not Rupert Murdoch. Let's pretend that that fact that YOU can upload photos to Flickr somehow makes the world a better place. Let's pretend that the owners of Google really give a rat's ass about "You". And let's pretend that being the fashion designers of our own lives somehow trumps the fact that our rights and freedoms are being eroded a little more each day.

Alison said...

I've added "Time's Person of the Year" to my cv.