Tuesday, December 19, 2006

It's official -- the Weblog Awards are pure crap.


And with an absolute plethora of worthy candidates to choose from, your 2006 Weblog Award for "Best Canadian Blog" goes to ... Canada's Crazy-Assed Racist Redneck™.

Of course, this is the same award-granting group of misfits who bestowed the "Best Diarist" award of the year on a blog which reads:

DEAR EVERYONE FIL JUST SUCCESSFULLY RETURNED THE BBQ AND ALL THAT OTHER JUNK WHILE I SAT IN THE CAR WRINGING MY RISTS AND NOW I FEEL LIKE I JUST WON 180 DOLLARS AND THEY DIDN'T EVEN DICK HIM OVER RE: THE NON-RECEIPT OF THE LIGHTER FLUID I AM GOING TO CELEBRATE AND BUY US MOVIE TICKETS AND PAY FOR DINNER I FEEL LIKE 180 DOLLARS THAT WILL NEVER RUN OUT OR THAT 20 DOLLARS BART AND MILLHOUSE FIND AND THEY EAT CANDY ALL DAY LONG BYE.

I'm fairly sure you can draw your own conclusions, no?

4 comments:

catnip said...

I'd like to know how a blog that pronounced Castro as being dead, libelously claims 2 NDP MPs said 'Death to Jews' and labels the UN as the 'United Nations for murderous Jew-haters' could possibly be considered as the Best Canadian blog.

That, frankly, is an insult to all Canadians.

The Weblog awards aren't about the 'best'. It's just a popularity contest. And fact that LGF won as well proves that hatred is pretty damn popular.

Anonymous said...

I have this picture of small dead animals and little green footballs freeping.
Ick.

Regards, eastern front

Anonymous said...

And yet your beloved Pharyngula, DailyKos, Raw Story, Think Progress, and a number of other left-wing blogs won.

I still think you're just bitter because you didn't get picked as a finalist. Hell, you weren't even nominated by anyone, were you?

Anonymous said...

I loove the smell of small dead animals in the morning.