Friday, August 14, 2026

Chronicles of Twatrick: Apparently, Patrick has just retained a lawyer.

I will leave it at that for now.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and he's paying for them with what exactly??? Isn't that money he owes you???

CC said...

Anon @ 1:39 PM: I will make sure Patrick's new lawyer is aware of his history of stiffing people to whom he owes money.

Purple library guy said...

I wonder how long he will retain that lawyer he retained. :D

CC said...

PLG: The real question is, how long until that new lawyer realizes Patrick is misleading him on all of the salient facts of this matter.

Augray said...

WHAT?!?!?!

I have to admit that... I'm not sure that I believe this :D

Either it's not true, or a family member slapped him around, and convinced him to do it. I can't imagine him doing it of his own free will.

CC said...

Augray: You will have to trust me, I have all the information about the new lawyer. I will not post it here, there is no value in that. There is more happening behind the scenes than I am willing to reveal at the moment.

RossOwesDay said...

That lawyer must be a masochist, or extremely desperate for billable hours.

CC said...

RossOwesDay: I predict that, as is Patrick's years-long pattern, Patrick misled his new lawyer about the facts of this case so that that new lawyer has an unreasonably rosy outlook on it. I'll bet that Patrick never mentioned that he is an undischarged bankrupt without a trustee who is years behind on his obligations as a bankrupt, or that he has never paid a costs award levied against him for the last 15 years, or that ... well, you get the idea.

I'm betting that Patrick's new lawyer is shortly going to learn all sorts of unpleasant facts about the case he has just accepted.

Anonymous said...

Well, actually engaging a lawyer is probably the best move he could make … not that it will do him much good at this stage. I imagine at most the new counsel might request a continuance so he could familiarize himself with the case further - a process which would inevitably involve reading Patrick’s original filings.