Sunday, August 30, 2026

Chronicles of Twatrick: The beauty of Rule 3.68.

As I have mentioned before, undischarged bankrupt and financial fugitive Patrick Ross has already made it clear that he will be refiling his Rule 4.33-dismissed 2022 lawsuit against me, citing alleged legislation that allows him to describe his claims against me as "ongoing" and "continuous" and therefore not subject to dismissal. And while Patrick is apparently going to count on some weirdly pedantic analysis of Alberta limitations law, he overlooks the fact that I have a much simpler way of feeding his upcoming refiling through a meat grinder.

In addition to pointing out that Patrick is now statute-barred from refiling his dismissed rubbish, Alberta has a much more all-encompassing rule -- Rule 3.68 -- whose purpose is to weed out lawsuits that the Court considers sufficiently worthless and an abuse of process.

I asked Google how Rule 3.68 could be applied to a Rule 4.33-dismissed lawsuit and, rather than get into the limitations period, I got this delightful and more wide-sweeping explanation:

 


 

Note how, rather than get into 2-year limitation periods, Rule 3.68 takes a step back and describes the possibility of dismissing any action that the court considers ill-founded, frivolous, improper and/or an abuse of the court's process. Or, simply put, worthless rubbish that is not worth the court's time.

The beauty of Rule 3.68 is that, rather than get into the nitpickery of limitation periods, it allows one to do nothing more than say, "This refiling is a pile of horseshit and represents nothing more than the Plaintiff, having had his action kicked to the curb before for being too lazy to move it along, wanting a second chance to waste everyone's time and money." And I'm pretty sure I can make a persuasive argument along these lines.

Stay tuned. 

No comments: