First, let's deal with the Webex link for the upcoming August 20 hearing for my Rule 4.33 Application (for which I have not agreed to a requested extension). I have been informed by the Grande Prairie courthouse that the standard Webex link for Chambers is always https://albertacourts.webex.com/meet/virtual.courtroom70, and if that changes in the next two days, I will post the change here. If you feel like testing that link later today, there may or may not be anything there depending on whether there are any virtual proceedings but you're invited to check it out. And now, to business.
It remains to be seen whether Patrick or his lawyer are going to try any frantic last-minute shenanigans, like officially filing for an extension to waste even more of my time, or trying to submit their Response Affidavit only two days before the hearing. I can at least take comfort in the fact that, unlike Patrick, Patrick's lawyer should understand the rules of court and will know that there are limits to the stupid shit that he can try (like arguing that Patrick's lawsuit is "extremely-meritorious" ... stupid shit like that).
As for Patrick, now that he's gutlessly bailed on defending the inordinate delay in advancing his own lawsuit, I can see that he's over on Twitter, being the misogynistic racist he's always been and relentlessly attacking and demeaning a black woman. What else is new? And it's hard to take seriously that Patrick needs more time to prep his lawyer for this hearing when Patrick is over on Twitter calling people "retards":
In any event, two days and counting. I'm open to predictions as to how Patrick and his lawyer are going to try to fuck this up.
BONUS TRACK: First commenter asks the same question others have been asking for a couple weeks now: What possible defense can Patrick's lawyer present to defeat my Rule 4.33 Application? And I will again speculate that Patrick (if his lawyer even agrees to make this argument since it is meritless) will argue that, for the last three years, Patrick has been subject to my crippling "harassment" and "intimidation" which has made it impossible for him to move his own action along.
Not only is this not a valid defense against a Rule 4.33 Application, but I thought I'd take a look at the possible amount of "harassment" and "intimidation" I could be accused of based on what I published on this blog in, say, the year 2025. If you expand the links on the left, you can see the number of blog posts on a per-month basis for all of 2025:
As you can see, I published a total of 52 blog posts in all of 2025, making an average of one post per week. It's difficult to see how that corresponds to such a relentless attack on Patrick that he was paralyzed by it and could not find the time to advance his own lawsuit. More to the point, if Patrick could not find the time to do the work himself, he always had the freedom to do what he did just a few days ago: hire a lawyer to do it for him.
Anyway, I am as baffled as everyone else in terms of what argument will be made by Patrick's lawyer. I guess we'll find out in the next day or two.
ONE MORE THING: I have in my possession (and, therefore, so does Patrick's lawyer) the "Procedure Record" for Patrick's 2022 lawsuit, showing every single filing and activity related to this case. It starts at August 26, 2022, when Patrick filed his dumbass lawsuit. I reproduce here only the very last part of that record so everyone can see the absolute lack of activity after March of 2023:
Note well the last activity labeled with "Patrick Ross" -- an Affidavit filed back in November of 2022, well over three years ago. There is also a mysterious event from March of 2023 that I do not recognize, but since Patrick listed (improperly) three different and unrelated defendants in his lawsuit, that probably has to do with one of the other two defendants. Regardless, that is also still more than three years before I filed my Application, and here's the critical part of the above.
There is no activity related to this case for over three years. None. Zero. Anyone who downloads the Procedure Record for this case can see that clearly.
When I claim that Patrick has done nothing to advance his own lawsuit for more than three years, no one need take my word for it -- one need only examine the official Procedure Record to see that. This is not arguable, and it not debatable. It's part of the case record. So it is still a complete mystery as to what Patrick's lawyer is going to present as a defense.




1 comment:
While it would have been amusing to watch Patrick represent himself at the hearing and totally embarrass himself, I think it's clear you should be happy that he finally got a lawyer since that should keep things on track and prevent Patrick spewing bullshit all over the place and crying about stuff that happened 15 years ago and wasting everyone's time.
I still don't understand what his lawyer will present in the way of a defense. It's been over three years and Patrick didn't do anything to move this along. What's he going to say?
Post a Comment