In case anyone needs to know the exact Alberta legislation that prevents Patrick from refiling his now-dead 2022 lawsuit, one can consult Section 3(1) of the Alberta Consolidated Statutes:
I don't think this can be any clearer -- if more than two years have gone by since you learned (or should have learned) of a possible claim and did nothing about it, the defendant is "entitled to immunity from liability in respect of the claim." I don't see any ambiguity there, and since Patrick listed all of those claims in his lawsuit back in August of 2022, that means nothing in his now-dead lawsuit can be used as the basis for a new claim.
Nothing.
Having said that, however, I predict that Patrick will once again dig through the statutes, totally misread all the important stuff, and insist that he has found a loophole that everyone else has mysteriously overlooked.
Let's watch.

No comments:
Post a Comment